“Excellent food and staff!”
Review of Salute

Salute
Ranked #1 of 436 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Excellent food and staff!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Even though I live in the area, I hadn't heard of Salute before. My wife and I visited recently. The food was superb, but what really differenciates this restaurant is the staff - they have to be the best staff we've ever experienced in a restaurant. They work together better than we've ever seen, and it really shows.

They take reservations, which is recommended.

The atmosphere can get a bit noisy early, as they get a big crowd for happy hour.

bert

• Visited November 2012

“Great food and atmosphere!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Business dinner and was very good food an atmosphere. Reasonable service and fantastic location. Would eat there again.

preston
“Blown away!!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I called the restaurant Saturday afternoon after seeing the great reviews on Trip Advisor. We were coming from Providence RI for the Carrie Underwood concert at 7:30pm. I inquired about a reservation to find (of course) that they were booked solid. I told the gentleman who answered the phone "no worries' you'll be on my must visit list after reading the great reviews. We live in CT. He told me to call back about an hour from our arrival to Hartford and he would let me know if there was ANYTHING he could do to accommodate our party. Jimmy Cosgrove didn't steer us wrong!! When I called he let us know he had a spot for our party and upon arrival greeted us at the door as though we have been friends forever!! Our server Vinnie was "on time" with everything. We had 60 min but were still able to have the lump crab cake, salads (signature!), entrees (gluten free pasta for two of our celiac guests, was a nice surprise!). We were all pleased with our meals. Jimmy offered to wrap our leftovers and hold them for us until after the concert. Upon our arrival back it was time for dessert! Again, greeted with smiles and open arms, the dessert and coffee/drinks were exactly what we needed to top off our wonderful night. My daughter and her roommate are students at Johnson & Wales University in the baking & pastry program and Jimmy sent them home with his famous cheese stuffed bread and homemade biscotti. The concert tour "blown away" was one thing, our experience at Salute was exactly the same. Can't wait to return with friends and rave about this place! Michelle J, CT

Hartford, Connecticut
“Great Place for Dinner”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

If you are in town for a day or a Hartford-regular, this is a great place to come for dinner or Happy Hour. If you are coming on a Friday or Saturday night before a show at the Bushnell, you should make reservations ahead of time.

Ivoryton, Connecticut
“Great dining experience”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I visited there with my family after having read that it was number one and was not disappointed. The service was most remarkable--staff all seemed to know what they were doing, enjoyed doing it, and were interested, polite and courteous.
The food was well described by our waitress, came quickly, and was delicious. (gnocci, tuna, shrimp were all good)
Loved the going away packages of bread and cookies.
Parking was easy and was partially reimbursed by the restaurant.
Will go again.