Tripadvisor
Hartford
Post
Inbox
Search

“Fun experience - varied quality meat”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Order Online
Ranked #39 of 515 Restaurants in Hartford
Description: Texas de Brazil is a Brazilian steakhouse, or churrascaria, that features endless servings of flame-grilled beef, lamb, pork, chicken, and Brazilian sausage as well as an extravagant salad area with a wide array of seasonal chef-crafted items.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fun experience to try the Brazil way of serving steaks and other meat on spears.
Waiter come down and cut some meat for you. My first piece was perfect and with the good side dishes from the big buffet I was really excited. But the next pieces of meat I got was not as good ending with some really dry pork tenderloin. Then an ok piece and then some dry meat again.
Overall it was ok but too big a range in quality of the meat and also it was very cold at our table.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (33)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I received a gift card and it was much appreciated gift. My husband and I went for dinner and totally enjoyed the evening. Dante started our evening by explaining the foods, sides and recommended a Brazilian Caipirinha, which was delicious. Then all the sides, jasmine rice, mushrooms in wine, scalloped , and black beans. Also, a large salad section including sushi, manchego cheese, sopressata, olives and much more. Which all went well with the parade of grilled meats, flank and filet, lamb, Brazilian sausage, chicken wrapped in baxon, chicken pary, beef ribs, pork ribs and the y continue to serve you until you have had enough. You can take a break and continue, or have dessert. However, the friend banana and Brazilian cheese bites were enough for us. This is a great evening to take your time and enjoy your husband and family with delicious food. With the many choices everyone should find something to love.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 29, 2019

First and last time. The food was great. The issue we had was with getting any food or service . Servers kept walking around with the skewers but kept walking past our table even though we had our green side facing up . After 15 min we asked our server to send the servers over our way multiple times, One of the server splashed meat juice on my pants. They didn’t offer us any dessert, they just gave us the check, the dessert was included in the lunch price. For $50 a person I am sure you can get better service and food somewhere else. After speaking with the manager I was told they had few call outs and they were short staffed. After reading the reviews it’s seems like they blame the Lack of service and the horrible customer service on call outs and short staffed. I think the servers need more training, short staffed or not we should get the same service, if you want to treat us like crap because you were short staffed so please charge us less than $50 per person. Also I think you should change the green/red token it’s very small and your server can not see it, maybe you want to do light instead of the candle( light on you need meat or light off you don’t ) just an idea. Anyway we really had bad taste with you guys.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 20, 2019

Obviously not the best choice for vegetarians. Went here on a co-worker's recommendation, and was not disappointed. As other reviewers reported, the meats were very, very salty. Also had to ask numerous times to get someone to bring us the beef ribs, as one of our party went bananas for those. We also didn't get to sample the pork loin...for some reason it never came around, maybe they ran short that night. I believe that the meat went back to the kitchen to get re-salted and charred after all the outer slices were served off the spit of the server. The salad bar had lots of choices as well. As long as you can pack a lot of meat away, the value isn't too bad, I would have to say.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 10, 2019 via mobile

Went on a Sunday 2pm, friendly services, good food, great meats, excellent beans and rice! I recommend pacing yourself!
Ended the meal with a dessert cocktail, Licor 43 w/ espresso shot and half and half, the best!
I feel like I'm about to blow up!
Cheers!
-Betelgeuse

Date of visit: November 2019

Been to Texas de Brazil? Share your experiences!