“Worst Motel I've ever stayed at”
Review of Travel Inn Motel

Travel Inn Motel
Ranked #12 of 12 Hotels in Hartford
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn in Hartford this past weekend.
WORST MOTEL I have ever stayed in, I was terribly dissapointed.
Room 224 - Moldy Shower Curtain, gross tub, no extra toilet paper, no towels, blankets were filthy and stained, cigarette holes in sheets, under the bed was dirty with dirt and garbage, phone didn't work, no lightbulb in lamp by the bed, lampshades were dirty and gross.
Your motel was filthy and disgusting.
Just thought you might want to know.

7  Thank lms_29
abvihartfrod, Manager at Travel Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate to us why our housekeeping did not meet your expectations. We wish to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. We will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future.

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. Once again, we appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. As with any business like ours, the greatest advertising we can have is word of mouth from a satisfied customer. It’s our goal to retain you as a satisfied customer and we hope to serve you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Travel Inn Motel

Reviewed July 25, 2010

One of our friends found this hotel because of its convenience to the location of a concert we were all going to. Believe me, it would have been more convenient staying in a clean hotel which was miles away and taking a taxi to the concert. This was by far the most disgusting, filthy, health hazard of a hotel that any of us have had the unfortunate chance of staying at. Our non-smoking room reeked of stale cigarettes and there were cigarette burn holes in the comforter, blanket, and sheets! And the comforter and blanket were so dirty that we threw them off the bed before we headed out to the concert. Unfortunately we didn't get there early enough before the concert to get a chance to find another hotel but when we got back that night a few of us actually considered sleeping in our cars instead of this hotel. The carpets obviously hadn't been cleaned for months, the bathroom had mold and paint peeling off the shower walls, and it was so filthy that we opted not to shower there in the morning because we didn't want to risk catching any germs and diseases from it! Yes, it was really that bad! This place should literally be shut down by the Health Department, and if it isn't, the Health Department should be reviewed themselves for their level of standards. What this hotel really needs is a bulldozer!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BakingGoddess

Dear Valued Guest:
Critical feedback is a great way for us to improve guest satisfaction. We apologize for any negative experiences you had with our room cleanliness. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. We have taken corrective measures which we believe will enhance the overall experience at our hotel. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Americas Best Value Inn Hartford, CT

Reviewed July 20, 2010

here is my tip: dont ever stay here!!!!!!! this is the most nastiest and unhealthy place i have ever seen!!!!!!! there was glass on the floor, a rusty razor blade on the bathroom sink, feses on the walls and the lamp shades, the toilet looked like it has never been washed, the towels had holes in, the door looked like it had been kicked in at one point,to top it all off they wouldnt give us a new room when we asked!!! this place sucks!!! i have a feeling that they rent this place out by the hour not by the nite!!!!! hookers and hoes stay here!!!! dont complain cause it wont get u anywhere!!!!! this web page should say: stay at ur own risk,we are not responsible for any diseases u may catch!!!!!!! melissa q P.S if u ignore this review bring a candle for the smell and a doctor for a tetnus shot!!!!!! :(

6  Thank melissa40827

Dear Traveler,

Please accept our sincerest apology for any trouble or inconvenience we have caused you. We appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do. Please know that the housekeeping issues have been corrected. We look forward to another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 19, 2010

Some friends and I traveled CT from Maine and had a reservation at The Americas Best Value Inn. I have to say this is the worst hotel I have EVER been in! After checking in and unloading the truck our 10 min were up to get a refund! WE walked into the room #119 to see broken beer bottles all over the carpet, along with what looked like blood stains on the floor, the smell was horrible! In the bathroom we find more broken glass, a rusty razorblade on the sink.. Urine all around the bottom of the toilet, a large section of mold above the shower. The tub itself had not been cleaned in a while, it was obvious! Oh and we even had a little mouse to keep up company..So we think this is as bad as it gets we go to the $ store to get some cleaning supplies to somewhat clean up enough to stay the rest of the night. Get back and clean before the concert event (just how we wanted to spend our leasuire time!) Later when we return we find that the bed has 2 large springs sticking out the side! And the date on the mattress was from 95! Are you kidding me 15 yrs old..This place should be shut down! I feel we would have gotten a BETTER VALUE sleeping next door at MacDonalds dumpster!

7  Thank JLizotte17

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for considering us for your lodging needs. We're sorry we weren't able to provide you with what you were looking for. We will further evaluate how we can prevent this problem from occurring again in the future. Once again, we appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in becoming better at what we do

Reviewed June 3, 2010

We were headed for the Super 8 motel nearby when my wife saw the sign for America's Best Value Inn for $45.99 - supposedly $5 cheaper than the Super 8.

Check-in went OK, but as soon as we got to the room it was downhill from there. From my blog posting here http://lisaandroger.com/2010/06/hartford-ct-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/ I wrote:

America’s Best Value Inn at Hartford, CT had to be the WORST motel we’ve ever stayed in. The reviews on the page linked here (I linked to this page on TripAdvisor) do it justice I think – in fact we did perhaps get the best room they had from the sounds of the other reviews – I agree with one – it should be shut down!!!

Room #130 – the toilet was leaking all over the floor – not overflowing from the top of the bowl, but leaking from the back under the tank somewhere. I called Reception to ask for a new room. Eventually “my repairman” – and elderly man who looked for all the world like Martin Short’s Ed Grimley except that the hair was more back than up comes along with a plunger, probably thinking “stupid guests – they overflowed it”. Eventually he figured out what I was telling him that it was NOT overflowing, but was actually leaking somewhere. There was a not so pleasant smell here too – kind of like the non-smoking room had been smoked in, then a whole spray bomb of some ghastly thing to try and hide the cigarette smell let go in there.

Room #136 – this room was barely big enough for the bed in it, and there was no table or anything else on which to use a computer. Same smell as Room #130, but at least the toilet didn’t leak.

Room #128 – a duplicate of Room #130, so a nice table, the toilet didn’t leak, but it did smell.

Outside the place looked like it must operate as Party Central. There were dozen, perhaps hundreds, of beer bottle caps all over the parts of the lawn we looked at, matched by about an equal number of cigarette butts- what a mess!!!

Above our room was a sign that said

No Trespassing – Police Take Notice

Now I don’t know if this was a suggestion that even the Police weren’t to trespass, or if it meant that Police would take notice of Trespassers.

We left in the morning and will NEVER return!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank RogerKIWI

We apologize for any negative experiences you had with our maintenance and housekeeping in rooms 128, 130, and 136. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.

Reviewed May 31, 2010

Don't stay here!!!! I am young, and very easy going, and this place needs to be shut down!!!! I messaged into the health dept to let them know....

I made a reservation for Americas Best Inn in Hartford, CT for Saturday May 29th 2010. At the check in desk, there read a sign that said "10 Minutes after check in, no refund" That should have been the first sign that there was going to be problems. It took at least 10 minutes to go from check in, to car to get luggage, and then make it to the room, and back to front desk. The room was unlike anything that I have ever seen. There were stains on the floor. It was either blood, Kool-aid, or red wine. Still moist to the touch. The bathroom was covered in mold, and the nastiest that I have ever seen. There was a lamp shade with a hole in it, and the other one was dented like it has been punched. I frequently stay at hotels and pulled the top cover off the bed and the blanket underneath had chips stuck in in. I pulled back the unfitted sheet from the bed and there were multiple hairs from the girl who slept here before me, so the sheets obviously weren't changed. felt sick to my stomach. I don't think that its legal to charge someone to stay in these conditions. I chose not to stay there and left. $159.00 down the drain. Something has to be done to shut this place down. The room was something else. I still cant get over that they charge people to stay, and that people choose to stay.

There is nothing good to stay about this place.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank beachbum1004
Reviewed April 11, 2010

After spending a night here anything else will feel like a luxury. Dirty, smells bad, scary neighborhood.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank fat_astrid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
Red Roof PLUS+ Hartford Downtown
Hilton Hartford
#2 of 12 in Hartford
Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to Travel Inn Motel? Share your experiences!