“wonderful!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Hartford
Boston, MA
“wonderful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2006

I have stayed here twice in the past six months for a concert at the webster threatre. My friends and I were looking for a good hotel that didnt cost to much. We had come across this hotel and the stay was wonderful! The room was okay however we left a cup of juice out on the counter and when we woke up it was COVERED in ants. The staff was friendly and very welcoming. Good location. Two computers with internet located in lobby. The breakfast could improve a bit. I would stay at this hotel agian.

• Stayed January 2006
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
3 Thank x0babibunni0x

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Long Island, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2006

Stayed here from 3/31 - 4/2/06. Can't complain. Everyone and everything went smooth. The area it's located in is another story. Not the brightest areas. But the hotel is nice. They are expanding. They are putting in an outdoor pool and jacuzzi. Staff was wonderful. They even give out free cookies. Nice surprise. I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area. Good breakfast. Peaceful and quiet. I give this hotel a thumbs up.

3 Thank Mari S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2006

I have seen the two other reviews about this hotel, and I can say this hotel is the BEST place to stay! It has been renovated, and the service is next to none with dedication to customer satisfaction! They even offered free room service for their breakfast, and great wireless internet. The rooms were very nice and clean, and they have the best seafood and prime rib restaruant across the street. You don't have to battle downtown traffic to get to your hotel, and the area and hotel is quiet. They also had free water and snacks in your room, and a great exersise room. Again, I plan on staying here whenever I am in Hartford on business.

• Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2004

I ususlly do not stay at Holiday Inn Expess Hotels, I am more a of a full service hotel traveler. Much to my suprise this Holiday Inn Express offered so much more then I expected. Great Breakfast, very large rooms (Suites), Free High Speed Internet extremly friendly service and a free shuttle to downtown hartford. The place was very clean. I loved the fireplace in the lobby. Will always stay at this Hioliday Inn Express.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2002

We were recently in Hartford for a week and needed an affordable location. As the Hartford Park Inn was recommended by a AAA agent we thought it would be perfect. Were we ever wrong.

Where to start...the bathroom in our first room was disgusting. The floor was gritty, the door had visible dirt on it, and there were stains on the wall next to the toilet (enough said) This room also had no remote for the TV (they were out of them?!?) When travelling with a 5 year old a TV remote is almost a necessity!
Speaking of our 5 year old. The outdoor pool mentioned in their advertising is in fact outside. It is also full of water and GREEN. I have seen science experiments less disgusting. We were planning on swimming in our "down" time--no way.
In our SECOND room we had trouble with the phone (as well as difficulty receiving messages left for us at the front desk) This room was further from the elevator which normally wouldn't be a problem. However, since the hallways are not air conditoned, the walk to the room was that much more oppresive. The halls also had NO security lighting--discovered when the power went out and my husband and son had to make their way back to our room in total darkness. It's a good thing thing they were in the stairwell (which smelled of garbage) as opposed to the elevator (which just smelled)
Would I recommend this hotel?
Only to someone I don't like.

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 9, 2005
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites has been recently renovated. The Hotel was presented an award in Las Vegas in September 2005 for best renovation project of the year. The Hotel will be opening its indoor Jacuzzi in December 2005 and opening its brand new outdoor swimming pool May 2006. There are some very old reviews on this site and I wanted to take this opportunity to point that out. The new management company has made this Hotel an award winning property. If you are in the area on business or vacationing you should without a doubt "Stay Smart" at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hartford CT.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
Hilton Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#5 of 11 in Hartford
Residence Inn Hartford Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!