“VERY Flexible, professionsla hotel!”

Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Hartford
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“VERY Flexible, professionsla hotel!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We had a project for a local hospital and brought in 40 people. Due to the projects nuances, there were many last minute changes. Kevin and Jay, hotel management, were extraordinarily flexible in timing for breakfast, shuttle services, rooms and communication.

This is my 40th project of this nature and I can say that we could not have been as successful with out their flexibility. One thing that I thought was great is they are open to the local police using a free room as an remote office and offering them free breakfast. Its very comforting to know that the hotel is safe on a day to day basis.

Room Tip: They do have rooms there that have a wet bar, two TV's and a sofa/sitting area. I missed out on...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Franz V
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
We are glad everything worked out fantastic for the group. Thank you very much for the 5 star review! On behalf of the hotel and staff, we appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Antarctica
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Very sweet was staff. (5 stars for them). Room was on first floor and it was noisy. We heard the hallway as if the door was open. The bed mattress was very hard. So, for one night, a hard mattress and and a noisy hallway didn't make a good night's rest. Additionally, the heat/AC was noisy and the water temperature in the shower kept on switching from cold to burning.
Room was clean and to standard. Parking was plentiful. The restaurant next door was very good. The airplanes taking off next to the hotel were noisy... Once again, the staff was very nice and very helpful.

Room Tip: Try to get a remote room with less hallway traffic.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GalacticSilverSurfer
Hartfordgm, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for the review and kind words for our staff. We apologize you encountered an inconvenience and appreciate your time that you took out of your busy day to let us know. We value you as a guest and hope to see you in the future.
Enfield, Connecticut
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I had to get hotel last minute after leaving the roach motel days inn next door. I needed to stay there for work at hartford hospital (close proximity for safer travel) due to snow storm and the fact that my neighborhood doesn't get plowed until storms are over. Staff was awesome, manager especially, making sure I got the discounted rate for being an employee at the hospital and staying with them for the storm.. extra $20 off :) Because I work night shift I checked in early at 8am and checked out at 6pm that day, they were very flexible to meet my needs! The room was clean and had everything I needed with microwave, refrigerator for the food I needed for 2 days at work, internet and TV.. Bathroom was immaculate. it was quiet, safe, and I rested more comfortably than I have in a while! If there's ever a big storm again where I need to stay over close to work, this is the place where I will stay for sure!!!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Annemarie B
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for the 5 star review! We appericate your business and hope to see you again soon.
New Jersey
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Location is good, right off the highway. This is an old hotel and it shows. People are friendly and it was fairly clean. Breakfast was typical. Wifi did not work. Chowder Pot restaurant next door was great. I would stay here again if it was my only option.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 315 right next to utility closet, lots of noise.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for your review. We appericate your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you experienced internet issues during your stay. Management has checked the internet it is working to full capacity now.
Linz, Austria
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The Hotel is nice an clean, the staff is friendly and very helpful. The rooms are up to date. There is even a Shuttle Service in the surrounding area.
The Location is not so great in the industrial area - if you don't mind that, the HI is a very good choice. If you prefer an nice surrounding, choose a different Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kamia1405
Thank you for the positive review. We look forward to seeing you again.
CT
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed here for one night and was disappointed several times. Overall, the suites are fine for one night, I can be picky and insist on cleanliness, so for the most part this place will be just fine for most. However, my issues were: the comforter had blood spots on it which were initially covered with a top sheet but was eventually exposed. Grosse!

The bathroom could have been better maintained and the toilet absolutely needed a new seat! It was obviously worn out and at $160 for a one night stay, they can afford to get some new toilet seats. The bathroom was clean but tile grout had discoloration, something which could be improved by a good bleaching/cleaning.

I stayed in a one bed suite which included a pull out couch, I never used the couch so I don't know what state in was in. However, I do want to complain about the room layout. There were 2 TVs about 4 feet apart, one for the bed and one for the couch area which was only seperated by a column and 1/4 wall, therefore, when you tried turing off one tv the other would come on, a pain and waste of money! One TV could be visible from both the bed and couch and would have been plenty.

Finally the worse part of staying here, and the reason I will never go back, the hotel is located near a water and sewage plant which you can not seen, but in the middle of the night as I slept with the AC on I was awoken by the horrid smell of what I thought was a skunk but probably the sewage plant. It was so bad I almost called to switch rooms but ended up just turning the AC off. Even without the use of AC you can smell the order throughout the day when you enter and exit the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am sorry to ready that you were dissapointed with your recent stay. Cleaniness is one of our top priorities and we take it very seriously. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so that we can gather more details regarding the situation and address accordingly. Thank you for the feedback on the other items. We will certainly consider solutions for these.

Sincerely

(P) 860 525 1000
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed November 15, 2013

The rooms are exactly what you expect for the price. The wallpaper is peeling a bit, but the rooms are otherwise quite clean. Basic and slightly dated, but more than suitable.What people are saying about the toilet seat not staying up due to the granite top is true; not a big big deal, but you can tell whoever was supervising that upgrade is regretting it. The location is close enough to town. You really need a car though as there is nothing around the hotel. The staff were great and very helpful. The breakfast was well done. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the ground floor near the lobby. It gets a little noisy
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the 4 star review! We have repaired the wall paper issue in this particular room. We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
Hilton Hartford
Radisson Hotel Hartford
#5 of 11 in Hartford
Residence Inn Hartford Downtown
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford

Been to Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!