I stayed here for one night and was disappointed several times. Overall, the suites are fine for one night, I can be picky and insist on cleanliness, so for the most part this place will be just fine for most. However, my issues were: the comforter had blood spots on it which were initially covered with a top sheet but was eventually exposed. Grosse!
The bathroom could have been better maintained and the toilet absolutely needed a new seat! It was obviously worn out and at $160 for a one night stay, they can afford to get some new toilet seats. The bathroom was clean but tile grout had discoloration, something which could be improved by a good bleaching/cleaning.
I stayed in a one bed suite which included a pull out couch, I never used the couch so I don't know what state in was in. However, I do want to complain about the room layout. There were 2 TVs about 4 feet apart, one for the bed and one for the couch area which was only seperated by a column and 1/4 wall, therefore, when you tried turing off one tv the other would come on, a pain and waste of money! One TV could be visible from both the bed and couch and would have been plenty.
Finally the worse part of staying here, and the reason I will never go back, the hotel is located near a water and sewage plant which you can not seen, but in the middle of the night as I slept with the AC on I was awoken by the horrid smell of what I thought was a skunk but probably the sewage plant. It was so bad I almost called to switch rooms but ended up just turning the AC off. Even without the use of AC you can smell the order throughout the day when you enter and exit the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites in Hartford, CT is located just five - ten minutes from downtown and at the crossroads of New England - Routes I-91 and I-84. The hotel is conveniently located 1.5 miles from the Hartford Convention Center, and is near the CT Expo Center, XL Center, Downtown Hartford corporate offices, The Mark Twain House & Museum, XFINITY Theater, Six Flags(R) New England, Goodwin Park Golf Course, Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford Hospital, and St. Francis Hospital are nearby as well, including Aetna(R), the University of Hartford, Trinity College and the Connecticut State Capitol building. Our patrons stay connected with business amenities like free high-speed, wireless Internet access and a business center. We also boast 943 square feet of meeting space, ideal for most meetings or events in Hartford, CT. Our hotel's location is a few miles from some of Hartford's most popular attractions. Take a tour through Hartford's many historic homes like the Harriet Beecher Stowe Center and The Mark Twain House & Museum. You can see contemporary and classic works of art at the Wadsworth Atheneum or spend the day outdoors at Bushnell Park. Let our hotel in Hartford be your home away from home. Join us each morning for a full hot breakfast buffet, enjoy a refreshing swim in our seasonal heated outdoor pool, relax in our indoor whirlpool or get an invigorating workout in our fitness center. The hotel is 100% non-smoking in all Guest rooms and Public areas. This Hartford, CT hotel's location near downtown Hartford makes us the ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. We provide complimentary shuttle service to 7 miles radius within the greater Hartford area. Book your stay at the BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites today! Must be 21 years of age to check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Travelocity, Otel, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hartford
- Holiday Inn Express Hartford
- Holiday Inn Hartford