Stayed 3 nights, April 2013 for a convention in Hartford where ALL the hotels were booked solid. Hotel is right off I91 south of Hartford ... very convenient. Plenty of free parking - very noisy Days Inn parking lot immediately next door. Arrived late and our reservation was as booked. Room 236. Room was a "junior suite" (OK size w/sofa bed and, king size bed). A small, dorm-size fridge was sitting in the room (almost stubbed my toe on it) and a microwave was on top (kind of like my old college dorm room). Not so aesthetically pleasing but, they both worked.
Ridiculously noisy old-style window heater/AC. Cycled on and off all night ... made more noise than the airport next door. Bathroom: OK sized with some toiletries BUT, the toilet seat would not stay up without holding it up - found out the 'hard' way on that. The granite overhang on the counter behind and above the toilet juts out way too far so, this was a real annoyance for any guy. Pillows: awful. Marked "Soft" and "Firm" - both were very uncomfortable. Mattress was so-so.
Breakfast - everything is pre-fab (eggs, pancakes, etc.). The "World's BEST Cinnamon Buns" (their claim, not mine) were frozen in the middle and sat under a warmer (maybe the guy putting this stuff out figured that the bun would 'eventually' warm up?), no such luck. Even the bacon was lousy. Coffee was luke warm but, we later discovered that there was an urn going with HOT coffee. Best part of breakfast was the fresh fruit ("World's BEST," mind you).
Surprise Guests: For our 3rd and final night at this motel, the management gave us a send-off "surprise gift!" That's right, a really obnoxious bunch of high school-aged girls running up and down our hallway, slamming doors, talking/screaming/laughing loudly in the hall outside our room and generally unsupervised by chaperones and/or parents. After repeated dirty looks opening the door to our room and glaring at them several times, I finally stormed out into the hallway, told them to stop or else I'd call the front desk. Finally, QUIET. But, why should this be? *Note to Management: When you have adult guests staying more than one night (paying BIG $$$, no less - this isn't an inexpensive motel), maybe it would be thoughtful TO NOT stick a bunch of noisy, adolescent girls in rooms surrounding MY room? Just one of those timely suggestions.
To sum it up: the motel is indeed, an easy hop, skip and jump into downtown Hartford. Other than that, we won't be back. Holiday Inns used to be a lot better. These days though, I'll pass and try to stay at a Hampton Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites in Hartford, CT is located just five - ten minutes from downtown and at the crossroads of New England - Routes I-91 and I-84. The hotel is conveniently located 1.5 miles from the Hartford Convention Center, and is near the CT Expo Center, XL Center, Downtown Hartford corporate offices, The Mark Twain House & Museum, XFINITY Theater, Six Flags(R) New England, Goodwin Park Golf Course, Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford Hospital, and St. Francis Hospital are nearby as well, including Aetna(R), the University of Hartford, Trinity College and the Connecticut State Capitol building. Our patrons stay connected with business amenities like free high-speed, wireless Internet access and a business center. We also boast 943 square feet of meeting space, ideal for most meetings or events in Hartford, CT. Our hotel's location is a few miles from some of Hartford's most popular attractions. Take a tour through Hartford's many historic homes like the Harriet Beecher Stowe Center and The Mark Twain House & Museum. You can see contemporary and classic works of art at the Wadsworth Atheneum or spend the day outdoors at Bushnell Park. Let our hotel in Hartford be your home away from home. Join us each morning for a full hot breakfast buffet, enjoy a refreshing swim in our seasonal heated outdoor pool, relax in our indoor whirlpool or get an invigorating workout in our fitness center. The hotel is 100% non-smoking in all Guest rooms and Public areas. This Hartford, CT hotel's location near downtown Hartford makes us the ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. We provide complimentary shuttle service to 7 miles radius within the greater Hartford area. Book your stay at the BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites today! Must be 21 years of age to check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hartford
- Holiday Inn Express Hartford
- Holiday Inn Hartford