I also stayed here for one night while visiting the University of Hartford. The room was very spacious, and while it was a bit cool when I arrived, (it was about 10 degrees that night) cranking up the temperature on the heater made a pretty immediate difference.
The real reason I'm giving a 5 star review was the service, though. Everybody was extremely cheerful and seemed genuinely eager to make my stay pleasant - they were NOT just going through the motions. Arsenio was great, as was everybody else (though I don't remember any of their names.)
They held my bags after I checked out, their shuttle bus took me to my campus visit, it brought me back afterwards to pick up my things, and then they dropped me off at a restaurant by the train station when I was done. The complimentary breakfast was modest, but more than adequate; it was more than just a couple of muffins and croissants.
I doubt I'll ever need to stay in Hartford for a night again, but if I do, I'd definitely stay here. It's not luxurious by any stretch, but they treat you as well as the staff at a much more expensive hotel would. They were really committed to good customer service, and it really improved my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites in Hartford, CT is located just five - ten minutes from downtown and at the crossroads of New England - Routes I-91 and I-84. The hotel is conveniently located 1.5 miles from the Hartford Convention Center, and is near the CT Expo Center, XL Center, Downtown Hartford corporate offices, The Mark Twain House & Museum, XFINITY Theater, Six Flags(R) New England, Goodwin Park Golf Course, Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford Hospital, and St. Francis Hospital are nearby as well, including Aetna(R), the University of Hartford, Trinity College and the Connecticut State Capitol building. Our patrons stay connected with business amenities like free high-speed, wireless Internet access and a business center. We also boast 943 square feet of meeting space, ideal for most meetings or events in Hartford, CT. Our hotel's location is a few miles from some of Hartford's most popular attractions. Take a tour through Hartford's many historic homes like the Harriet Beecher Stowe Center and The Mark Twain House & Museum. You can see contemporary and classic works of art at the Wadsworth Atheneum or spend the day outdoors at Bushnell Park. Let our hotel in Hartford be your home away from home. Join us each morning for a full hot breakfast buffet, enjoy a refreshing swim in our seasonal heated outdoor pool, relax in our indoor whirlpool or get an invigorating workout in our fitness center. The hotel is 100% non-smoking in all Guest rooms and Public areas. This Hartford, CT hotel's location near downtown Hartford makes us the ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. We provide complimentary shuttle service to 7 miles radius within the greater Hartford area. Book your stay at the BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites today! Must be 21 years of age to check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Best Western, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hartford
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hartford
- Holiday Inn Hartford