I will start by saying that we booked this hotel while still driving on the interstate. We chose this location over the Holiday Inn-downtown because it had free parking. It is convenient to the highway, but it is in an area that doesn't have much around it - an industrial park and an airport. The woman who booked our room was very professional and courteous. We arrived around 11.45 p.m., and the gentleman at the front desk was also professional and courteous a bonus for us as we had a very long day of travel. Our room was close to the entrance.
Pros - the water pressure in the shower was excellent. It was wonderful. The shower tiles, grout and ceiling had zero mildew/mold. That made me extremely happy. There is nothing worse than being skeeved in a shower you are supposed to be getting clean in! The room was warm and linens were clean.
cons- the room smelled a bit musty, as if it hadn't been aired out recently. Not enough to make us want to swap rooms or complain, just needed some fresh air I think. Breakfast the decaf coffee wasn't very hot. Granted, we didn't sit down to the complimentary breakfast until 9.30 that morning, but when a girl wants coffee, she expects it to be Hot. My husbands bagel had bits of mold on it. Maybe it was just that one bagel, but it made me wonder how long/ how many times it was put out.. and whether the eggs, bacon and cinnamon roll I ate were fresh. (The cinnamon roll was tasty).
I was glad that the room was warm, clean and convenient to the highway. If we stay in hartford again , we will probably stay in the downtown area closer to restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites in Hartford, CT is located just five - ten minutes from downtown and at the crossroads of New England - Routes I-91 and I-84. The hotel is conveniently located 1.5 miles from the Hartford Convention Center, and is near the CT Expo Center, XL Center, Downtown Hartford corporate offices, The Mark Twain House & Museum, XFINITY Theater, Six Flags(R) New England, Goodwin Park Golf Course, Wadsworth Atheneum, Hartford Hospital, and St. Francis Hospital are nearby as well, including Aetna(R), the University of Hartford, Trinity College and the Connecticut State Capitol building. Our patrons stay connected with business amenities like free high-speed, wireless Internet access and a business center. We also boast 943 square feet of meeting space, ideal for most meetings or events in Hartford, CT. Our hotel's location is a few miles from some of Hartford's most popular attractions. Take a tour through Hartford's many historic homes like the Harriet Beecher Stowe Center and The Mark Twain House & Museum. You can see contemporary and classic works of art at the Wadsworth Atheneum or spend the day outdoors at Bushnell Park. Let our hotel in Hartford be your home away from home. Join us each morning for a full hot breakfast buffet, enjoy a refreshing swim in our seasonal heated outdoor pool, relax in our indoor whirlpool or get an invigorating workout in our fitness center. The hotel is 100% non-smoking in all Guest rooms and Public areas. This Hartford, CT hotel's location near downtown Hartford makes us the ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. We provide complimentary shuttle service to 7 miles radius within the greater Hartford area. Book your stay at the BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites today! Must be 21 years of age to check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your BEST WESTERN Hartford Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Hartford
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Express Hartford
- Holiday Inn Hartford