“Amazing”

Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Hartford
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I loved this hotel we didn't want to leave everyone was nice and treated us like friends anything we needed they helped with. In our room we had a problem with our phone and they were going to give us a whole new room. We felt at home there and we will deff be back next year ty to all the wonderful staff see u next year

• Stayed: October 2012
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear ryssaandrews, Thank you for writing on TripAdvisor! A nice way to start the day "Amazing"! I am glad we made you feel like you were at home. Honestly, that is true hospitality making a guest feel like they are at home.

We look forward to you staying with us next year!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We spent two nights here for the Ing Hartford Marathon. The place was booked because of the event, but the staff was efficient and friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable with the small exception of the pillows. The soda machines were out of order and when I inquired they gave me three bottles of water. Incredible thoughtfulness! The breakfast buffet was better than average and the shuttle service was good. Since the marathon was Saturday, the shuttle ran extra early to get the athletes to the venue. Afterwards, with a phone call they picked us up in downtown Hartford. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Camundongo, We were very glad to have runners of the ING Hartford Marathon stay with us last weekend. Such a great group and we respect the self discipline to complete such a daunting task such as the marathon.

Our complimentary guest shuttle was definitely used that weekend and it is a great amentiy to the hotel. We hope to see you next year!

Thanks so much!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Staff is so friendly and accommodating and really made my stay much more pleasant. My absolute favorite part of my stay was walking through the door and smelling Otis Spunkmeyer cookies baking in the oven. They put them out in the lobby every evening along with some other goodies and they are free to grab for hotel guests! It really adds a special touch to your stay.

Clean rooms, great service, yummy breakfast and delicious cookies- couldn't get any better than that!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Erindira, who doesn't love the smell of fresh baked cookies? Reminds us of family and great childhood memories.

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us as we know today there are many choices for a traveler.

Thank you and we will keep the cookies baking as long as you stay again!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel to attend the Stitchers East Conference. Since I almost always stay at the Holiday Inn chain, I can comfortably state this chain easily has the friendliest staff I've ever encountered. During our stay, there was a marathon and homecoming weekend at the University of CT. There is a shuttle that was to take us to the convention center. On Saturday, the shuttle was in service shuttling marathoners. The sales manager picked us up in his own personal vehicle at the convention center, and did so with a friendly and helpful attitude. Front desk personnel were friendly and welcoming. The cleaning staff was friendly, the rooms were immaculate, breakfast was as complete a breakfast as I've seen. Hotel is easily located, right at the end of the ramp for Ct.15S/84. Leaving was equally as easy, left out of the hotel, left at the lights, we were back on 84 heading home. Absolutely nothing to say except great hotel, other hotels should study how this hotel is run.

Room Tip: Room 230 was in a quiet location!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Dear GMarcan822,

Thank you for acknowledging the staff as the "Friendliest Staff I've ever Encountered". We enjoyed having the attendees for the Stitchers Conference. Some are becoming like family as they attend yearly and stay with us!

Kevin McCabe is the Sales Manager you are referring to and he definitely sets the bar high. He will do anything he can to make a guest's stay more enjoyable and that is a great role model for anyone.

We will see you next year!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here.

Sam, the front desk attendent, was EXCELLENT. Best service I have received at a front desk. She deserves a raise - I'm not even sure of what she is paid, but she is definitely someone to keep around.

I found the place very easily, and was totally pleased with its location.

I had a very great night's sleep - a great bed, quiet room.

Typical HIE breakfast fare, which if you know anything about, is great. For an included breakfast, this is a steal.

If I'm ever back in Hartford, THIS is the place to stay when you're looking for value and high-quality.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Hartfordgm, General Manager at Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Dear kuwalker;

You are correct Sammie is Excellent! I thank you for taking the time to write a great review. I look forward to sharing it with the team at our daily meetings! Sammie decided to try a new career when she relocated from Florida and it is perfect for her personality--hospitality! We are fortunate to have her as part of our team!

I am glad you enjoyed your stay as the team and I strive to provide excellent service. We hope you are back in the Hartford area soon!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

When I arrived I was greeted by a very friendly young lady [Sam, I think]. I asked her if there was a safe place for me to leave my bicycle during my stay. As far as I am concerned there are only two acceptable answers to this question. 1. We have secure inside storage. 2. Take it to your room. She responded without hesitation to the second. Bicycles are very expensive. The one I had with me is worth the cost of a 55" big screen tv. While staying here I was also impressed with how concerned they were with my comfort. I received a call in the early evening asking me if I need anything and if I enjoyed my stay [ two days]. The room was very large and had a lcd tv. It was also spotlessly clean. The area seemed very quiet for being so close to the city center. The bed was comfortable and I slept very well. They also had a very good hot breakfast. I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This HIE is an example of what I expect from the chain. Clean rooms, decent breakfast and fresh coffee, easy to find, etc. The water pressure was decent too. Prices on the rooms were a little high, but I feel that way in any larger city. Staff was friendly and easy to deal with. If I ever have to go back to Hartford, this is probably where I'll stay.

Room Tip: Elevators are halfway down the hall from the front door, FYI. And the handicap-accessible rooms are...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hartford
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/East Hartford
#6 of 12 in Hartford
Candlewood Suites Hartford Downtown
Red Roof PLUS+ Hartford Downtown
Holiday Inn Hartford Downtown Area

Been to Best Western Hartford Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!