“Great place to stop before a Bushnell event!”

Republic at The Linden
Ranked #24 of 494 Restaurants in Hartford
Description: A gastropub nestled between Hartford's Bushnell Park, and Front Street District just south of the downtown area. Recognized as Hartford's Best NEW Restaurant in 2017 and awarded for it's ambiance.
Reviewed April 13, 2019

Good food & service. They have a special menu with pre-theater offerings for those who have to make a showtime. Gets very crowded, so making a reservation ahead of time is critical on show nights. Overall great atmosphere in a vintage setting.

Date of visit: April 2019

Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

Based on my dinner of Caesar salad with blackened salmon it was excellent. Salmon was perfectly cooked! Brussels sprouts were delicious too. Service was slow, waiting for clean wine glasses at 5:30? Why aren’t those up and ready? Can’t wait to return!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 12, 2019

Loved my first meal at the Republic! Walking in, you immediately feel like you're in a warm, friendly place. Interior is cool and funky, staff very friendly, and the food was delicious. Very chill vibe, nice to just sit and relax over a nice lunch, and be left alone by the staff, but not forgotten. I highly recommend trying out Republic for a sublime dining experience.

Reviewed February 25, 2019

My friend and I went here for lunch after the Connecticut flower and Garden show. I didn’t realize it was a stones throw from The Bushnell which made me very happy because now we can go there before any show. My friend and I both had cheeseburgers on the grass which is cheeseburgers and lettuce or a salad instead of a bun. We both enjoyed our meals. They have great beers on tap with a lot of local craft beers which was a plus for us. I would definitely recommend Republic.

Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

The restaurant is just down the street from the Bushnell and it was very convenient for 8 of us to have a pre show dinner. The food and service was quite good. The fried Brussel Sprouts were excellent. The upscale pub food was also tasty. I would say good but not great. They offer free parking but it is a block away.