“Great spot right in Downtown”
Review of Dish Bar and Grill

Dish Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Dish Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 444 Restaurants in Hartford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pratt Street
Description: Dish Bar & Grill serves the finest farm to table American cuisine. Join us for a quick bite to eat for lunch, a relaxing dinner in our Modern dining room or dine casually in our bar with variety of burgers and happy hour specials.
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had some colleagues take me to Dish for a business dinner and everything was great. The food was unique and delicious, the service was attentive, but unobtrusive and the atmosphere was decent considering we were eating at 6pm on a Tuesday and there were no events going on downtown. We had oysters, pork belly tacos which were great. The Winter salad was great and a perfect portion size, then I had the short rib for a main and that was great as well. The candy bar dessert was very good too. Overall a great meal.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Good food with great portions. The only thing memorable was that I asked for a brandy and got a scotch!! Not cheap but a nice place to visit. Ambiance on a busy night was good also.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

I ate here on 3/21/2013.

Service was very slow, water glasses were empty more than full, my steak was luke-cold when served, and the waiter added two extra glasses of wine to our bill. I would avoid this place! Terrible experience!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

It was a busy Saturday night and we could not get a reservation at some of the other upscale restuarants in Hartford so we decided to try Dish (they have very easy on-line reservations). We were happy we did. The ambience was great - even though they were full, the noise level was fine and we didn't feel packed in close to other tables. Service was excellent - knowledgeable and attentive. 2 of us had the duck and it was delicious. Other people in our party had the salmon which they loved and the prime rib special which was not as tender as expected but a great flavor and sauce. All of the sides and desserts were incredible (especially the decadent fried brussel sprouts.) Overall, it was a little pricey but we felt it was worth the experience.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This place is awesome for late nights. We sat at the bar since there were no tables available. And I'm glad we did. We got speedy and friendly service from the bartender. We ate the Jersey Shore Clams which were buttery and spicy. Just like we like em. We also had the calamari which went great with the sauce. They have a couple of infused vodkas. I asked for a sample of the pineapple infused one and the bartender gave me a free shot of it! Never a bad thing! And the drinks are reasonably priced. Loved it!