“The history sells this place”
Review of Old State House

Old State House
Ranked #14 of 66 things to do in Hartford
More attraction details
Owner description: The Old State House is a registered National Landmark and open to the public year-round. The restored historic chambers, and grounds are now the site of events such as exhibits, curiosity museum, hands-on history, guided/self-guided tours and more! It is managed by the Connecticut General Assembly
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The Old State House needed some TLC when we visited it. We were impressed by the visitor's center. We loved the anti-slavery history and hope this building will be preserved forever.

1  Thank TravelingTrioFromCT
in 13 reviews
"museum"
in 15 reviews

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Did not find anything exciting about this old building except the outside sidewalk people. Kids didn't want to stay here

1  Thank traveltime1951
Reviewed July 6, 2012

really enjoyed meeting the actors in period costume. you need to ask questions to really get a feel for it.

2  Thank Graysonsmama
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We had our wedding here. It was amazing. The beautiful pillars and classic look was good for pictures! The staff was good too!

2  Thank Makeba H
See more reviews
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I was so warmly greeted upon my arrival setting the mood for the rest of my visit. The receptionist was very helpful in advising me on my travel plans. I enjoyed the Old State House with the self-guided tour (I opted out of the guided tour) and particularly enjoyed the Mortensen Gallery especially the "We Contribute" exhibit. I found that incredibly well done. Thanks!

1  Thank The_Hailes

Been to Old State House? Share your experiences!