“Everybody's talking about it!”

Pinnock's Coffee House
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Ripley
Cuisines: Cafe, British, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Everybody's talking about it!”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

So obviously we had to go! Seriously it's been "pinnocks this" and "pinnocks that" from all my friends, from mums to ladies of the wi! When my mum started as well I knew it was time, so we took ourselves down there last Sunday afternoon from about 3pm for lunch/tea and a review - what a find! The food was great, from wraps to cakes, coffee spectacular, value good. Plus we settled ourselves in the library upstairs in comfy armchairs and sat and sat, while the boys played chess from among the range of games & toys available to use. The staff were more than accommodating, even when my pesky family changed their order again and again! We'll definitely be back, only problem is that everyone else will be there too!

2 Thank Taxanimal

“Coffee with Character”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is my all time favourite coffee shop, great range of interesting coffees to choose from along with the most deliciously tempting cakes and some rather tasty deli style snacks. The setting is old style cottage meets stylish caffetiere with its quaint "olde worlde" feel and its upbeat and friendly service - upstairs is set out with sections in between the wooden rafters where small groups can sit and sip and munch the hours away. If they have fresh chocolate and raspberry brownies they are a must! Service is always friendly, a must for anyone who likes good coffee with great atmosphere.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank MDRev
“Coffee with Character”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is my all time favourite coffee shop, great range of interesting coffees to choose from along with the most deliciously tempting cakes and some rather tasty snacks. The setting is old style cottage meets stylish caffetiere with its quaint olde world feel and its up beat and friendly service - upstairs is set out with sections in between the wooden rafters where small groups can sit and sip and munch the hours away. If they have fresh chocolate and raspberry brownies they are a must!

1 Thank MDRev
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Pinnock's addict!!!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I found Pinnock's shortly after it opened, when I had a new baby and was clueless about what to do - a friendly face opened the door, helped me in and even carried my buggy upstairs for me. Since then (July) we have been most weeks, and I take everyone I know!

The cakes are all homemade on the premises I believe (if you can get the brownie just out of the oven you're in for a particular treat) but I think I've tried most of them and they've never been less than perfect. Their hot chocolate is made from chocolate shavings and milk - gorgeous. And they have a range of deli food too - bagels filled with all sorts of yummy treats, pies and salads. I think I've tried most things over the past few months.

It's a lovely atmosphere and they've always been really welcoming to us and our group of baby friends.

Favourite spots: library upstairs and baby change (amazing use of a small space).

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank weeb1976
Esher, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous find!”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Hiding on Ripley High Street this truly is a little gem. We stumbled upon this gorgeous coffee house recently and spent much longer than we normally would in the upstairs library, soaking up the ambience and leafing through the great selection of reading material. A real find and very special indeed.....

• Visited December 2012