Clarion Hotel & Suites Hamden
$154
$144
$170
  • Room Service
New Haven Hotel(New Haven)
$231
$181
Hotwire.com
$99
$140
TripAdvisor
Quality Inn East Haven(East Haven)(Great Value!)
$76
Hotels.com
All reviewsparking lotlocal collegeone bedroom suitewhitneynicoledanishfuneralct
Reviewed December 16, 2013

I stayed at the Clarion for two nights, I was in the area for a med school interview. I was surprised at how nice the place was. The common areas are really nice and were very nicely decorated. My room was on the first floor and was a good size. I did not have a car while I was there so I was worried about where I would eat, but the diner which is in the same parking lot as the hotel was great! I had dinner there twice. I had breakfast from the cafe in the hotel and it was also good. I really enjoyed my stay at the Clarion! They also offered a free shuttle for me to and from the school I was interviewing at.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gabby R
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed at the Clarion Hamden for over a month while taking up a short-term fellowship at Yale. The owner, manager and staff could not have done more to make me feel at home. My suite was extremely comfortable, impeccably clean, with fast wireless connection. Lovely family atmosphere, other guests very polite. A special mention goes to Tracy on reception, whose kind and calming presence was very welcome after a long journey from the UK, and to Edgar/Sway, the sweetest barman on earth, and a great conversationalist. I enjoyed getting out of downtown New Haven, and feeling part of a community. Would strongly recommend this hotel, particularly for a longer stay requiring some home comforts.

Room Tip: Suites have mini kitchen with fridge, sink and microwave.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
gmct067, General Manager at Clarion Hotel & Suites Hamden, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

I wanted to thank you for your response and great comments. It was truly a pleasure meeting you! Please enjoy the holidays.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We were in town for a funeral for my Father In-Law and the service was outstanding. I had stayed at the Days Inn which is the only other hotel in town and it was awful so I was not expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised by the common areas and the room. It was clean and everything worked. The best part however was the staff. I called in the morning and Will took my reservation and called me along the way to let me know when the rooms became available for the next night as well. I had to call back multiple times to get rooms for other family members as we found out when they would arrive. Just can't say enough about the helpful people here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Very impressed with the room/suite. Well furnished and very clean. Internet was fast and TV package excellent, why then am I not gushing about the place. Well the atmosphere lacked something, it felt like a retirement home rather than a hotel and no breakfast just did not do it for me, sorry but doubt I will stay again

Room Tip: Great to unwind
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here for two nights and found the place to be exactly what i needed - a clean, comfortable room that didn't have any bad odors. Rooms do not have refrigerators, so ask for one if you need it. The bathroom was well-stocked with towels, and I saw a maintenance person lingering in the lobby early in AM, as well as later in evening - so I am assuming things get fixed right away if necessary.. I would recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: Don't expect a good view out of any rooms - it is tucked between an elevated highway, a neighborhood, and other businesses.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends