“It happens but, Really?”

Whitney Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hamden
Flagstaff
“It happens but, Really?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

The clerk was friendly. The check in process fast. But when I got to my room, there was a guest already there: a roach walking across the the dresser drawer. In trying to see if there were more _I didn't see any_ I saw that there was trash behind the dresser. Wrappers, cups, etc. So I went back to the front desk and asked the clerk for a different room. It was late and I just needed to sleep. She asked why, so I showed her a picture of the roach. She called over the manager and told him what happened. And he was hostile. Like I was trying to pull a fast one. Whatever. I did get a different room, a clean one, and I did not see any bugs. But what bothered me was the attitude. Dude, the room was dirty, and with a bug. Should have been apologizing instead of being hostile. Lesson: stay at your own risk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Kendall Park
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

simple hotel nice reasonably priced hotel to lay your head for a night. Found it be on the older side but clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dharrmais G, Director of Sales at Whitney Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for the lovely comments and appreciate your business.
Dover, New Hampshire
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,794 helpful votes
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I wound up at this Days Inn for two nights after learning that there was no record of my reservations at a Super 8 about 50 miles away.

Although the motel is close to the road (Route 40), noise from the traffic drops off after 11:00 PM. I had no trouble getting to sleep either night; and I am not one to doze off in 10 minutes.

My room was clean enough. The bed was comfortable enough. The bathroom was larger than the usual in a budget motel. I appreciated the refrigerator, microwave, and coffeemaker in the room. The cord on the microwave oven did not reach the socket. To use the microwave, I had to carry it over to the nightstand and plug it into the socket on the light fixture. A “plus” was that the fridge was larger than usual.

The TV was analog; but, it had 44 channels that included premium movie channels.

The room also had a desk, iron, ironing board, and hairdryer.

The in-room hairdryer did not work. The office gave me a portable hairdryer, but I couldn’t use it because the two electrical sockets in the bathroom did not work.

The Wi-Fi was working the first night but not the second night or the next morning.

The desk staff was courteous enough and tried to address the issues.

This motel needs serious updating, repairs, and improvements.

But, I survived my stay here.

The continental breakfast included bagels, Danish, muffins, English muffins, Corn Flakes, Raisin Bran, packaged oatmeal, apple juice, orange juice, tea, and coffee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Maurene_K
Dharrmais G, Director of Sales at Whitney Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for providing us your valuable feedback. I'm truly sorry to hear that we did not live up to your expectations and would like to apologize for any inconvenience the room conditions may have caused you. Your issues have been addressed to our maintenance team and appropriate actions has been taken to resolve it.
I wish to thank you for your valuable comments as they allow us to monitor and improve continuously.
Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience and hope that this situation does not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Hamden hotels

Franklin, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

If you are looking for the Ritz Carlton at an inexpensive price, this isn't it. If you are looking for a safe, inexpensive place for a one night stay, you will be fine here. People were friendly on the phone when I called. The person at the desk had everything all prepared when I got here.
I read all the reviews before I booked. Yes the road is noisy, but I survived. They made an attempt to remodel, with new pictures, and general apprearance, but your still in a Days Inn and not the Ritz. Biggest disappointment is that the internet did not work in our room.

Room Tip: All double rooms are on the front, if you can get a King, get it on the backside, less traffic noise...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for posting your review on our hotel. I'm pleased to know that you were satisfied with the service and comfort at the Day Inn in Hamden. We always strive to provide the best value under the sun and ensure that our supreme service along with our facilities meet your expectations.
Your feedback is very important to us as they tell us on how we are doing and how we can improve.
Thank you again for staying with us and look forward to your future visits.
Waterford
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

make sure rooms are properly cleaned before renting. I found someone elses flip flops and lip gloss in the room underneath the bed and room (nonsmoking) smelled badly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamden
BEST WESTERN PLUS North Haven Hotel
#5 of 12 in New Haven
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden

Been to Whitney Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!