“Graduation Stay”

Whitney Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hamden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Bed so uncomfortable though room had been updated but not the bathroom. I only paid $72 so I got what I got but I was unhappy by all the smoke alarms going off at 3 am soooooo lovely!!!! Desk clerk obviously didn't care that I was unhappy but I left the next day and I probably won't return. They now want 103.44 w tax so certainly not worth it I'll stay elsewhere and pay more.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank ilovedebra
Dharrmais G, Guest Relations Manager at Whitney Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for giving us the feedback regarding your stay. We apologise for the inconvenience you experienced at the Days Inn however would like to inform you that our hotel was in the midst of upgrading the fire & sprinkler systems and you must have been awakened due to the equipment malfunctioning. Regardless, You shouldn't be disturbed. Your housekeeping and front office concerns has been addressed by management to the appropriate personnel.
Once again ,I apologise for our shortcomings and hope that you will give us a second chance for your future lodging needs.
Alvarado, Texas
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We were in CT to attend a funeral. Our extended family had TWO rooms at this location for 6 nights and an additional room for one night.

My sister-in-law and her husband were in a room the first night with no problem, the second day they noticed a HORRIBLE smell. They contacted the front desk and were told to "open a window". They did but the smell only got worse. They were finally moved to a new room the next morning. The smell from the original room began to radiate the interior hallway. By the fifth day, the staff had placed towels down in front of that door to help lessen the smell.

The first night in our room was good. We had two beds and a sleeper sofa. The room was big. The bathroom had a window with no curtain so we had to create our own curtain for some privacy. The second day we did not receive maid service. That evening, I went to the front desk explaining we would need new towels. We had kindly taken our dirty towels with us. The man gave me 3 towels even though I asked for 5. Then scolded me for bringing down the dirty towels. It was as if it were beneath him to touch a towel or something and that I had committed some crime. At about 1 am, we received a phone call which woke us up. It was the front desk asking if we had children. My husband said yes. They proceed to tell my husband others are complaining about our children running the halls. My husband tells this man that while we do have children, ours have been asleep since about 10 pm. There was no apology for calling and waking us or anything. Approximately 5 minutes later we could hear someone stomping up the stairs and slamming doors. The next morning we went to talk to the manager. We expressed our concerns. He seemed very put out that we had a problem with his staff yelling at me or them calling and waking our room without attempting to see for themselves who was actually running the halls. He became defensive. On our fourth day, when our room was cleaned, the refrigerator was unplugged. Would not have been so bad except we did have items in there that were ruined.

Rest assured we will never stay here again!!

Room Tip: another location all together~
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Juanita H

Travelers are raving about these Hamden hotels

new haven, connecticut
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Room was decent. For the price this is what I expected. A moderately decent bed, old television, small and a ridiculously cold bathroom. Was that a continental breakfast????? Ridiculous. If you're going to call yourself a business and put out old donuts and cereals you should downgrade your "business" from an Inn to a hostel. So nasty, accompanied with diluted fruit juice!!!!! The location is wonderful in terms of Quinnipiac University. If you can book somewhere else I would. If you just need a quick place for one night. You can rest and then get the hell out of there.

Room Tip: they are all the same....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamden
Best Western Plus North Haven Hotel
#5 of 12 in New Haven
Homewood Suites Wallingford-Meriden
Hilton Garden Inn Wallingford / Meriden
Comfort Inn & Suites Conference Center

Been to Whitney Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!