“Price Wars”

TGI Friday's
Ranked #99 of 163 Restaurants in Hamden
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Connecticut
“Price Wars”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

It seems that competition between chain restaurants is a blessing to the consumer. Each one offers dinner specials at excellent prices. This week, we tried the 2 For Ten at TGI Friday's. From a small but varied menu, you can order one appetizer and one entree for ten dollars.
The food is very good and the portion sizes are quite fair. The staff however, is friendly but very disorganized. Servers were running up and down the aisles, looking for the customers. They seemed overworked, but the place was nearly empty that night.
Friday's is a good choice for a drink and a meal. They support community fundraisers and have great pricing. Don't expect gourmet fare or professional service and you should be able to enjoy yourself and your food.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank dogwriter

New Haven
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I always like coming here with friends after work for a drink and appetizers. Pretzel sticks= Heaven!!!!!!!! The Manager is very personable and has personally greeted me several times. Bottom line, good food and good service. No complaints!

• Visited August 2012
North Haven, Connecticut
“Fair....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

How do you somewhat ruin a burger? Don't know...but it was greasy. They've had some problems here but I guess they resurrected themselves.

East Haven
“Food Okay, Cleanliness a Concern”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here during a fundraising event. This was on a Thursday evening and the restaurant was about half full. Our waitress, Natalie, was friendly, but seemed overwhelmed by the amount of diners she stated "came out from nowhere". Our drink order arrived promptly. The warm pretzel appetizer had a terrific lightly crispy texture and was served properly warm with a tasty cheese dip for dunking. The dinner was paced very well. My husband's ribs and shrimp dinner was cooked perfectly. The ribs were very tender, had a great grilled taste and almost fell off the bone. However, my pulled pork sandwich was room temperature, not even warm and my side salad had the dressing already poured on it, not on the side as I requested.

The overall cleanliness of the restaurant was a problem for me. Throughout our dinner, there were crumbled napkins and drinking straw papers on the floor, under even unoccupied tables, which were not picked up by the time we left. In the short hallway to the ladies room, there were more napkins on the floor. There was an open drain in the floor in the ladies room without a grate. Even worse, in the dining room, there was some substance that had dripped down the wall next to me. Quite a while before, as it was long past the liquid stage. I was rather surprised that a chain restaurant didn't take a bit more time and effort to maintain corporate standards, which I hope are in place.

In short, we may return for another fundraising dinner only to support our favorite cause.

• Visited June 2012
Hamden, Connecticut, United States
“Loud, bar-type, cold, but good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

Would be nice if they'd turn up the heat a little, but the food is good and affordable. TVs everywhere for sports coverage, lots of college agers, but lots of families and couples too. Big enough and rarely have to wait.

Visited December 2011