“Best Happy Hour in Hamden”
Review of Aunt Chilada's

Aunt Chilada's
Ranked #73 of 181 Restaurants in Hamden
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 19Th century converted farmhouse. Large deck Overlooks Sleeping Giant Golf Course. 3 Stone fireplaces , large private party room, upstairs with 6 tv's and pool table. 1 Mile north of Quinnipiac University, across street from Farmington rail pedestrian walking trail. Mexican and American food , happy Hour Mon.-Fri.5-7
Reviewed May 30, 2018

While this is a Mexican themed dining spot, you'll find other choices on the menu. And if you like Happy Hour grub like I do, you'll be in heaven! Wide selection of $5 apps and large draft beer variety.

Reviewed May 22, 2018

This has always been one of my favorite places to eat. They have incredible food and great service. I highly recommend the enchiladas and the quesadillas. They are very generous with the chips which I absolutely appreciate!

Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

Restaurant was dirty, food was tasteless and meat was rubbery. Even our margaritas were really bad. Don’t waste your time or money. I would rather go hungry!

Reviewed March 19, 2018

Lots of cheese on their foods. The inside is really cute & colorful, but a bit dingy. It can be crowded with the local college kids at times. The drink menu is standard for a Mexican eatery.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

Sorry. I really don’t like to write bad reviews. Starting with the positive, our server was nice and the staff was friendly. The food was bad though. Really bad. The tomatoes on our nachos and in the rest of our food seemed like they were washed in chlorine. The steak in the fajitas was rubbery and just didn’t taste right. The pork in my “burritos carnitos” was the one thing that tasted good. If you have to go I’d recommend that. If I got a plate of just that I would have been happy. Unfortunately everything else was just not good and everyone in my party agreed. We didn’t get drinks... maybe that would have helped. I don’t think there will be a next time though.

Date of visit: November 2017