“Good food and great atmosphere ”
Review of Eli's On Whitney

Eli's On Whitney
Ranked #7 of 180 Restaurants in Hamden
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

We have been here twice because it is close to Quinnipiac college. It has your normal bar food with hamburgers, flatbreads, salads and really good fried cauliflower and Brussel sprouts.

I loved the fig and prosciutto flatbread which had goat cheese and mozzarella.
It was a bit sweet but so delicious.

Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

We have eaten here many times and it never fails to be great! Service is good food is good and you'll love the atmosphere!

Reviewed June 23, 2018

While visiting in the New Haven area, I had made plans to take my dad and aunt to dinner but found that there were no reservations available at the restaurant we had planned to visit. Someone suggested Eli's on Whitney, so we went for it. We were expecting a generic sort of pub dinner but that was not what we got!

Right away, we were seated in an area that was quiet and comfortable. Our server was on the job! He was friendly, pleasant and always available as needed but not hovering.
We were pleasantly surprised by the interesting options on the menu. The two older members of our party ordered chicken pot pie and I was pleased to find my favorite, risotto, on the menu. Both dishes were quite good. My partner ordered a NY Strip steak which was cooked exactly as ordered, although perhaps not the best quality. Not as tender as might have been desired, but still flavorful and properly cooked.

If we are in the area again, we will certainly consider Eli's as a lunch or dinner option.

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Went here with a group of 7. The service was very good and the food was also good. Pretty good selection, calamari and tuna appetizers were good. We all had something different and everyone enjoyed their dinner

Reviewed April 27, 2018 via mobile

I will travel to Eli's any time to devour the great chicken parmesan. Great waitress, Ashley! Great atmosphere, reasonable.