“Great Experience”

Cafe Amici
Ranked #14 of 165 Restaurants in Hamden
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At Cafe Amici, we offer an extensive menu that's certain to satisfy anyone's appetite. Tasty, timeless classics, amazing appetizers, savory soups and salads, fabulous favorites... Amici spares no expense in procuring the finest and freshest ingredients for our kitchen to prepare with the utmost care. Our menu includes only hand selected premium quality poultry and the freshest seafood, simply and perfectly prepared as you prefer, accompanied with our traditional homemade pastas. For the best meal you will have in Haven, CT, look no further than Cafe Amici!
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Great food, great service! The place is beautiful and always hopping! The new lounge is a lot of fun! Love going here!

1  Thank Craig E

Reviewed November 25, 2013

This place is awesome! the food is always excellent and priced right. The staff is
very accommodating and friendly. the atmosphere is casual and fun.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I see it as a perfect candidate for kitchen nightmares. Just got back and I am so disappointed I have to say something. My husband I made the mistake of getting dressed up when it's a very casual restaurant and I honestly felt like we were looked down upon like "who do they think they are?" We were offered the choice of inside or outside dining. The host/manager (?) said there was one about to open outside if we wanted to wait at the bar and get a drink. We waited for longer than we should and were asked to settle our tab. The "waitress" never introduced herself but said something very abrupt like are you set with your drinks or do you need another one? We put in our order that she barely let us get out before she left. We ordered pellegrino. She put down 2 glasses with ice and left the bottle on the table....we get that we can pour our own water in a glass but that's a server's job, right? She was young but its still no excuse for bad service. We waited a good 20 minutes for our appetizers that were nothing special and waited a long time again for our entrees. Meanwhile a party of 5 that came in the same time as us, left before we even got our entrees. And the table behind us that were seated after we got there, got their main courses before us. The food was mediocre and extremely overpriced. The menu seems to be stretched too far which might be why it takes too long to cook. I'm just so disappointed and regret not turning around and leaving from the beginning but we wanted to give the food a chance, which i wish we hadn't because it wasn't worth it. The words horrible and worst experience in a long time came out of my mouth as we walked to the car. I would discourage anyone from going here.

4  Thank bbhayes21
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We just moved to Hamden, and went with friends to try this place since it's within walking distance. We had a 25 minute wait to eat outside (not unexpected), but since the weather was perfect we waited. The outdoor patio was a pleasant setting, except for the occasional loud motorcycle or hot-rodder going by.

The bread and butter brought by our server was somewhat airy and ho-hum. I ordered the Veal Saltimbocca, and my wife had the Chicken Amici. My dish was an ample portion, but it lacked any special touch - rather mediocre and quite salty. My wife said her dish was somewhat tasty but also salty.

The service was slow and inefficient. I saw tables take 15 minutes to get re-set after diners left, even though there were people waiting. And I ordered a glass of prosecco when my dish arrived, but it never came.

All in all, we may go there again only because it's so close. There are less expensive alternatives around here that have much better food.

1  Thank Providence_RITom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have a wonderful Dinner with our friends and my daughter. Very good experience. Good food, outdoor seatting. Good italian food. My daughter she is 7 years old and she love the pizza and i ove the pasta. Slad, dessert and much. Very good prices. Excellent service. We love it. We r hoping to go on our next visit to CT.

Been to Cafe Amici? Share your experiences!