“Tasty, creative, fun, exciting food”
Review of Ibiza Tapas

Ibiza Tapas
Ranked #76 of 165 Restaurants in Hamden
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I love tapas because you can taste so many different things in just one meal. This nice, friendly, modern Spanish eatery offers a good selection of excellent tapas. Blue fin tuna is great. Squid is good. Mushroom are very good. Wine (Temptanillo) is reasonably priced and good. Service is excellent. Best if you are in a group so you can try more dishes. Every time I drive by this place, I am tempted to get in and same some of their latest inventions. A place to remember.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have been to several Tapas restaurants in the area; Ibiza Tapas advertises itself as serving "little quality dishes at reasonable prices supporting local farmers when available......etc.." The service was excellent very prompt and attentive. They also had a special menu with a prepared line-up of three tapas plus dessert and a cider for a set price. The interior of the restaurant is nicely decorated; however, the tables are very close together and privacy is no where to be found during a busy night. My wife and I ordered six different tapas - all were prepared well and two I would rate at very good to excellent. The portions are a little small, even for tapas - some younger gentlemen with an appetite will either generate a large bill or go home a little hungry. When you even out the pluses and minuses - I have to go with average.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Wonderful tastes and servings, Great variety with great presentation plus very good Spanish wine list.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

This offshoot of the more formal Ibiza restaurant in downtown New Haven is smaller and more casual. The primary food is a great selection of small plates (tapas) though there are also some large plates. The wine list is very good and reasonably priced. Service is fantastic - sometimes a bit too fast but you can ask them to slow it down. There is parking behind the restaurant and also on the street. One important item - they do not take reservations. I like to go around 6-6:30 PM. Usually I can walk right in and get a table, but if I have to wait a bit there is a nice bar.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I and several of my friends visited Ibiza prompted by an Amazon Local deal. ($25 for $50). Despite some initial confusion on redemption (even though I called ahead) we had a nice experience at Ibiza.
I would definitely recommend this Hamden dining experience to anyone who knows what tapas are. The restaurant decor was inviting with bold colors and interesting artwork.The service was attentive on a surprisingly busy Sunday evening. Most of all the food was delicious. A couple of my favorites were the Pescadilla Frita; a version of fish and chips and Pollo al Ajillo; a chicken and rice dish.
Although the food was good the plates came out a little unevenly and we waited a little too long for our drinks. Nothing that was a deal breaker but it is worth mentioning
Overall, give this place a try. .

Been to Ibiza Tapas? Share your experiences!