“Fantastic for an All You Can Eat”
Review of Sushi Palace

Sushi Palace
Ranked #35 of 164 Restaurants in Hamden
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Every time I travel to the area, I hope that I could round up a colleague or friend to dine with me at Sushi Palace. I eat sushi every week and dislike sushi buffets greatly and I think the sushi here is good quality. For $20, you can enjoy a nice sit down meal with attentive wait staff. You can choose from salads, soups, appetizers, terryaki, sushi, sashimi, rolls, special rolls and dessert. I've been here 3 times and each time the restaurant was packed, yet I never felt rushed. I've probably eaten almost every special roll on the menu and enjoy each one tremendously. I can't wait until I am in town again. I will be back. I wish more cities had all you can eat sushi like this.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

You can't beat the food or the price. All you can eat for $21 and $11 for children 11 and under. It's a steal and the food is fabulous. There are also 2 other locations...North Haven and Orange. It's amazing!!

Reviewed October 11, 2011

From the outside, it doesn't look like much--just a tiny sushi bar with a generic-sounding name. And with an all-you-can-eat moniker and a price tag of less than $20, you don't necessarily expect the best quality food.

I'd had a recommendation, however, from someone I trust implicitly when it comes to food. Not only was I not disappointed, it was some of the best sushi I've had on the East Coast without spending an absolutely ridiculous amount.

Whereas places like Todai serve their sushi buffet style, Sushi Palace has very attentive waitstaff. In addition, their chefs seem to take pride in their work, serving the best cuts (mmm... salmon belly...) in an artistic fashion.

I honestly haven't been this satisfied (sushi-wise) since eating at Sake House by Hikari in Santa Monica.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

This is a place that prides itself with freshness of their fish and takes good food seriously. You know how most of all-you-can-eat sushi places pack their rolls with rice and you can barely see the fish? Sushi palace is NOT this kind of place. Rolls are great, fish is fresh and it is just great. The only difficulty with this place is parking. Make sure NOT to park by KFC and they have very little of parking. Enjoy a great all-you-can sushi place.