“Very good”

Add it.
Nick & Tony's A Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed February 4, 2011

The pizza here is very good. It's not the best on the shoreline (which has many great pizza restaurants), but it's definitely the best place in Guilford. When we eat pizza locally, this is where we go every time.

1  Thank krobRI

Reviewed October 12, 2010

We flew into Hartford (from Portland OR via Dallas TX) on the eve of a major storm, picked up our rental car (sans GPS), and headed to Guiford for the first night of a one-week road trip. After driving in blinding in rain and getting lost twice, we were hungry, grumpy, and exhausted. Fortunately Nick & Tony's was less than five minutes from our hotel. While we sat and waited for our pizza, we took in the casual vibe and tempting smells, grateful for the ice water the cashier had kindly brought over to us. Back at the hotel, I almost cried when I took my first bite--it was that good. The magnificent thin crust was baked to perfection (none of that thick yeasty soggy stuff that people put up with out here), and the freshness and texture of the green pepper rekindled my nostalgia for all of the wonderful pizza I'd relished in my former life. Honestly, if you haven't been pizza-deprived for as many years as I have, perhaps you wouldn't have been as thrilled. But my dear partner, the guy who did all the driving in the rain, finally understood what I'd been missing all these years. He never did have great pizza in LA.

2  Thank kindablue
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Nick and Tony's is by far our favorite Italian restaurant! The atmosphere is nicer than a traditional pizza joint, but not so upscale that you need to be concerned with what you are wearing. The Baked Gnocchi is home made and to die for! We are huge fans of Gnocchi and this is the first place outside of Boston that we found them hand made, not mass produced. The prices are very reasonable and the portions are hearty. You won't go wrong at Nick and Tony's

1  Thank moonchuckersmom
Reviewed July 28, 2008

One thing that Guilford was in need of was a local restaurant which serves traditional Italian "comfort" food and reliable, delicious pizza. At long last Guilford has that restaurant- Nick and Tony's.

We frequently go here. We always take out pizza here even though it's ten minutes away from home. Our favorite is their version of Fresh Clams Casino pizza. We came here with relatives and ordered a Clams Casino pizza along with a small shrimp and pesto pizza. They use fresh clams and garnish the pizza with lemon slices- a nice touch. The shrimp and pesto pizza was delicious- rich with homemade pesto flavor and a crisp, thin crust.

We also came here and had dinner on several occasions. Dinner is quite reasonably priced at Nick and Tony's. And it is first rate. One of my favorites is their version of ziti with sausage and broccoli rabe- rich with meaty sausages and broccoli rabe delicately blended in strong tasting olive oil- yum! Also we tried their spaghetti with clams in a red sauce with its home made, rich tasting, well-blended red sauce with a ripe tomato flavor. Shrimp fra diavolo is also a winner here. Bread is always fresh with crisp crust.

Service is warm, friendly, and accommodating. The wine list is adequate and glasses of wine are reasonably priced. Portions are generous, so if you are not all that hungry, you can take some home with you and have it for lunch the next day.

Overall, Nick and Tony's actually sets a high standard for local Italian fare.