“Always great”

Nick & Tony's A Pizza
Cuisines: Pizza
“Always great”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I believe for this pizza to be the best in Guilford. If you are looking for a thin crusted, crispy pizza, this is the place to go! Great service and welcoming owners!

1 Thank hmakula

New Haven, Connecticut
“Great Family Place”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is our go-to Pizza place on the CT Shoreline. Great, inexpensive entrees along with the pizza - especially fresh clam

Visited January 2013
1 Thank doansteel
Guilford, Connecticut
“Very good”
Reviewed February 4, 2011

The pizza here is very good. It's not the best on the shoreline (which has many great pizza restaurants), but it's definitely the best place in Guilford. When we eat pizza locally, this is where we go every time.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank krobRI
Eugene, Oregon
“Living on the west coast, I had almost forgotten what real pizza tastes like.”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

We flew into Hartford (from Portland OR via Dallas TX) on the eve of a major storm, picked up our rental car (sans GPS), and headed to Guiford for the first night of a one-week road trip. After driving in blinding in rain and getting lost twice, we were hungry, grumpy, and exhausted. Fortunately Nick & Tony's was less than five minutes from our hotel. While we sat and waited for our pizza, we took in the casual vibe and tempting smells, grateful for the ice water the cashier had kindly brought over to us. Back at the hotel, I almost cried when I took my first bite--it was that good. The magnificent thin crust was baked to perfection (none of that thick yeasty soggy stuff that people put up with out here), and the freshness and texture of the green pepper rekindled my nostalgia for all of the wonderful pizza I'd relished in my former life. Honestly, if you haven't been pizza-deprived for as many years as I have, perhaps you wouldn't have been as thrilled. But my dear partner, the guy who did all the driving in the rain, finally understood what I'd been missing all these years. He never did have great pizza in LA.

2 Thank kindablue
Connecticut
“Best Italian on the Shoreline!”
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Nick and Tony's is by far our favorite Italian restaurant! The atmosphere is nicer than a traditional pizza joint, but not so upscale that you need to be concerned with what you are wearing. The Baked Gnocchi is home made and to die for! We are huge fans of Gnocchi and this is the first place outside of Boston that we found them hand made, not mass produced. The prices are very reasonable and the portions are hearty. You won't go wrong at Nick and Tony's

1 Thank moonchuckersmom