“Not a Pizza place”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

They only serve pizza, but not your pizza place pizza. This is gourmet - not pepperoni and cheeze. BYOB

Reviewed November 5, 2012

After a day spent long the coast, we decided to try Bufalina's, having read a positive review somewhere ( can't recall).

The review praised the pizza, as well as the unique combination of toppings.

Well, the review was right on target.

The place is very small. In fact, the majority of seats are arranged along an L-shaped counter. There is one very cozy table at one end of the restaurant, which I would wager gets reserved heavily. You have an open view of the staff and can watch them assemble you pie in clear view.

The signature pie features, of course - Buffalo mozzarella. We had one of those, and I had an onion and sausage pie. They're about 12" to 14" in size, with a crust that is among the best I have ever had, light, thin, and crisp! The topping were very fresh, and the basil added to the signature pie AFTER it is taken out of the oven so you really get the intense flavor.

They turn the pies out in less than ten minutes! The staff is friendly and helpful. I made a comment about no garlic, and the waitress said no problem, just ask next time!

I ahve absolutely no complaints. In an area besotted with pizzerias - Bufalina is very near the top of my list. In fact, depending on my mood, I would even give them a number one.

Very refreshing, and worth the trip.... but you are well advised to make reservations!!

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Great tasting pies. Super fresh toppings. Crust is out of this world. The asterisk? One pie was not enough for me. Very limited seating, so takeout is the way to go. Not cheap...... But, I would recommend and I will return (often).

1  Thank Tom K
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were a group of 9 and sat out back in the garden surrounded by herb plants, and potted lemon and fig trees. It was laid back and beautiful! We sat at a big picnic table and served ourselves to lemon water from a water cooler. All the plates and utensils were set out on a buffet table for yourself to set your table. We went inside to ordered a salad and bunch of pies between us all. The staff brought the food out to us and we ate family style. They were all delicious! They are thin crust and cooked in an extremely hot oven for only 2 1/2 minutes so they come out quickly. This place is also BYOB.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Hands down real authentic Italian pizza. They make their dough from scratch and use real, authentic ingredients just like they do in Italy. Even the pizza types are authentic Italian recipes. My husband had the 'Bufalina' pizza with buffalo mozzarella and added bacon to it. I had the 'Melanzane' - what set this pizza apart from others I've had is that the eggplant was roasted first in the brick oven and not breaded like so many imitation pizza places here. We loved the intimate atmosphere at the counter - the wait staff was really friendly and were able to answer all of our questions about the oven and ingredients. Matt and Melissa have created a gem and you can be sure I will tell everyone I know that if they want REAL Italian pizza, this is the only place to get it! Well done!

1  Thank MammaTina

Been to Bufalina? Share your experiences!