“Continues to deliver good food and good fun”

KC's Restaurant and Pub
Ranked #13 of 82 Restaurants in Guilford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: With one of the Connecticut shoreline's largest selections of craft beers on rotation (13 taps and counting), delicious food, and a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere, KC's Pub is a local gem not to be missed! Located in a convenient yet quiet spot right off Route 1 in Guilford, KC's has something for everyone. In addition to our craft beers, cocktails, and wines by the bottle or glass, we think our amazing menu of "comfort foods with a twist" makes us pretty special too. Prepared daily and cooked to order, try our smoked wings, pulled pork, salmon salad, or clam chowder served in a sourdough bowl, just some of the local favorites. We also offer daily choices from our tempting small plates menu. Pick a few and we will help you find the perfect microbrew to complement your choice! So whether you are meeting friends and family or just passing through on your way back from the beach, KC's is the place to go for the best of what the shoreline has to offer--food, drinks, and relaxation!
Guilford, Connecticut
“Continues to deliver good food and good fun”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I see its been a year since my last review but it continues to be a favorite. The ribs are still on the top of the list and this time they did them smoked. Yummy! They continue to try new smoked foods which always seem great. Smoked wings are on the menu sometimes and they are to die for. Some of the small plates keep changing around with the seasons but the popular ones stay on.They are getting more craft beers in and homemade infused liquors which is adding some punch. The best thing is the feeling that they are always friendly and its a great place with the grandkids or just watching the ball games in the bar.

• Visited August 2013

Guilford, Connecticut
“Always great!!”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Everytime I go I wonder why I don't go more often!!
Best wings!!
Love the small plates menu.
At the bar or at a table its always great!

• Visited August 2013
“Great food value for price”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great place to take the family. Very accommodating to people who have food issues, will make anything as long as the have the ingredients. Terrific service, shows all sports events

• Visited July 2013
Madison, Connecticut
“Good food, drinks, & service!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife & I decided to try KC's one evening having not been there since it was Chips. It is great to say we have a new pub that we can now go to for some inexpensive food & drink. Kelly, our server, was excellent, as was our food. I had the onion soup gratin and the calamari which were both very good. My wife had the pulled pork tower which was absolutely delicious. The decor is kind of bland & simple but the place is clean. We noticed quite a few families with children so the place is somewhat noisy but not excessively. It is absolutely family friendly. All in all, a very good experience.

• Visited February 2013
Newton Center, Massachusetts, United States
“Excellent food, great beer selection. Great for happy hour, dates, family dinner!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

When I worked in Guilford, this place was a regular happy hour spot for me and my group of friends. They were always very accommodating for the five of us, even during busy Friday nights. The waitstaff was always attentive, friendly, and helpful. My usual order was a chicken pesto wrap with fries and a beer. The wrap was flavorful, the fries were crisp and golden, the beer selection was good.

Now, I have to cross state lines to visit KC's and you know what? It's totally worth it. The waitstaff continues to be excellent, the kitchen churns out awesome food (try the grilled cheese - it sounds simple but you will not be disappointed!), and the beer selection is still great.

The atmosphere of this place really evokes community pride. It's a great place for happy hour with my 20s/30s friends, but also a place where my family enjoys lunch and dinner. And the little two-person booths are cozy and would be great for a casual dinner date.

Overall: pay KC's a visit - if it's your first, I'm sure it won't be your last.

• Visited September 2012