“Wish I had this at home.”
Review of Bishop's Orchards

Bishop's Orchards
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Guilford
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Wish I had this at home.”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I went here for the wine and ended up leaving with wine, salads, groceries and prepared foods. I cannot attest for the wines since I haven't tried any yet but the prepared foods and apple cider are yummy. Great produce and organic selections.

Visited November 2013

WORCESTER
263 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 188 helpful votes
“Stopped in for the wine tasting, pleasantly surprised.”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We went to CT to do a wine tour. This was the first stop of the day. We loved the setting, it is so adorable. We went in and found the wine tasting counter. I loved that these were fruit wines, the brochure had stated that and I was excited to try something different. All the wines were good and I felt they were reasonably priced. The store is wonderful, reminded me of an old time general store. I wish I had something like this close to my home. We purchased some wine and some of the baked goods made there, and they were all delicious. We all really enjoyed this stop.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Travelbugsforlife
London, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Very misleading leaflet description”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This place markets itself as a tourist destination but is not one. Its basically a glorified farm shop. Their "wines" are not made of grapes despite their leaflet implying they have home made chardonnay, cab sauvignon etc etc in addition to the other locally made wines they stock. They are all fruit wines like apple or pear. We had expected a big harvest festival atmosphere in beautiful surroundings from the promotional blurb but its just a farm shop on the side of a main road. We have better farm shops in the UK that I can visit any time without it being considered a tourist attraction. To be honest I probably wouldn't be so negative about the place if we hadn't made a special detour because the leaflet went so far overselling the place. Oversell and you might get visitors but not happy ones when they see what you are actually offering. Speaking of happy; the staff all seemed kind of miserable, what have you guys done to them?!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank sj1904
Barbados
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great place! Wish we had one at home!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Part of the Connecticut Wine Trail. A very cool store/market with pretty much everything you need! Enjoyed the wine tasting and their Apple Cider Donuts are AMAZING!! You can pick your own fruit depending on the season. Also lots of other fresh produce, ready prepared meas and baked goods. Would love a 'Bishops Orchards' at home. Definitely make a visit - it's worth it!

Visited June 2013
Dingmans Ferry, Pennsylvania
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Locavore's Delight”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Long time family run sort of localized upscale with prices to match 'Whole Foods meets Trader Joe's.'

If they don't have it, you don't need it! From wine to pop-it-in-the-microwave gourmet meals, it's all here. Lots of local produce and a huge variety of every other category of food. Fresh made baked goods, etc., etc. And there's even the $9.00 stuffed organic roasting chicken. Definitely not Costco! We enjoyed roaming through the aisles and drooling over all the goodies, but a bit out of our range for weekly shopping.

Visited July 2013