“Another Great Meal at Splash”
Review of Splash - CLOSED

Splash
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I’ve been to Splash before, and we have gone back since do to the great food. I was really impressed with our last visit. The food was even better than what we had experienced before. We went for a late dinner with our two children. One of the reasons we like to go there is that it is very family friendly. Actually, when offered a choice for any restaurants, the kids both picked Splash. Another great thing about the restaurant is that is easy to get to from I-95 (both on and off). For my entrée, I had the Flank Steak. Now, normally I’m a New York Strip kind of guy, but I thought that I would give it a try after reading the description in the menu. Well, I have to say that I was not disappointed. The Flank Steak entrée, with French green beans and mashed potatoes was excellent. The steak came sliced, topped with a gorgonzola cream sauce. Wow! It was fantastic. I tried to hold back in order to save some for lunch tomorrow, but it was so good, I ended up finishing it. My wife was quite pleased with her meal too, although she was strong enough to hold back and save some to go. Before the meal they brought us a basket of fresh bread with a little cup of olive oil for dipping. Their bread is delicious, clearly freshly baked. The only thing that I was disappointed with was the portion size of the Caesar salad that came with the meal, kind of skimpy on the lettuce. It was good though I wish there was more. The croutons were of course fabulous, I’m sure made there from their delicious bread.
While the meal was great, the one thing that made the night special was the waitress that we had. Alexandra was wonderful. She was friendly, prompt, courteous, and helpful. When it came time for dessert, she accommodated my children by escorting them to the dessert counter to pick out what kind of dessert to have. And when my youngest was fickle in here choice, she helped her out with that too. Kudos to Alexandra. She really helped us feel at home and relaxed. My wife and I also had dessert and it was very good, but the chocolate cake was very rich.
Now, this wasn’t an inexpensive dinner. The restaurant is on the pricey side, but I believe you get your money’s worth for your meal.

2  Thank Moonlit_Knight

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We went to this restaurant for my birthday and it was the perfect choice. The food was great, the service was fabulous and the overall decor was comfortable. The appetizers were really awesome, as was all the food. It's a casual atmosphere (kid friendly) and we had a really nice time. I highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank Janine S
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I Loved the Restaurant!!!
We came off the highway to see if we could get a bite to eat while driving through. Boy did we get Lucky.
Strong points:
* Fresh food
* Clean
* Friendly staff
* Wood fired grill
This place was great. The coffee was great. The salad was great. Right down to the gelato. I would recommend this place to all. The only complaint is that we live 2.5 hours away.

1  Thank HEBD
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Splash tries be all things to all people...a bar, a breakfast and coffee shop, a bakery, a restaurant and a gellato shop and as such comes up very short on all fronts. It offers nothing but poor service, small portions, bland food and a less than accommodating management staff. The interior is highly uninviting and to be quite honest, this is a place that should be avoided.

10  Thank MassachusettsRob
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Splash is a full service 220 seat restaurant with a magnificent granite bar, a lovely large patio and a stylishly decorated dining room with spacious, custom made comfortable booths, beautiful art of fabulous beach scenes by painter, Daniel Pollera, window treatments by Waverly and a custom banquette by Schumacher. Throughout the restaurant there are custom designed colors of serene soft creams, wheats and taupes adorning the walls and intricate painting and design by a famous artist.

Our bakery, gelato and chocolate shop, Madison Chocolates, now in its 7th year, has been written up in the New York Times several times and in other illustrious periodicals, books, and has always garnered spectacular reviews. As an owner operated business with owners on site at all times working this business, we pride ourselves on our attentive customer service, our exceptional quality ingredients and our extensive restaurant experience. Chef Paul is a Culinary Institute of America graduate with 27 years as a chef. He has worked as a chef at many, many illustrious restaurant like the Breakers in Palm Beach, Nikolai's Roof, Atlanta, Georgia, Robert Henry’s in New Haven, just to name a few.

As chefs and owners, we are accessible to the customer every minute we are open. Our waitstaff are attentive, focused and experienced. At Splash, our experienced team oversees the restaurant, bakery and dessert operations with exuberant care and dedication. Given the thousands of guests visiting Splash and Madison Chocolates, we do constantly strive to exceed our customers’ expectations and encourage you to visit us again soon. Additionally, I hope you will consider contacting me directly so I can get more specifics about your experience.

Diana Lynch
Splash Restaurant Group, LLC

Reviewed June 25, 2012

My husband and I were driving down route 1 and decided to stop at Splash for lunch. We made a great decision. The place is comfortable and very clean. The owners Diana & Ted were very personable, friendly and made us feel right at home. We enjoyed the fondue appetizer- it was awesome! We also had the filet mignon sandwich on a french baguette- it was delicious the aoli sauce was very tasty. Splash also serves the old recipe for Coke and Sprite which is made with cane sugar instead of corn syrup. Having tasted that- boy did it bring back memories of my childhood. They also servce BUCK's ice cream- it is the best ice cream in CT- the butter pecan...delicious!!! If you're looking for a great restaurant- stop in to Splash, you will not be disappointed! Oh and it's a kid friendly place too!!!

1  Thank D P