“One of the Best Restaurant on the shoreline!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Guilford Bistro and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 82 Restaurants in Guilford
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
“One of the Best Restaurant on the shoreline!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

This place is simply one of my favorites. The Bistro is a BYOB establishment that serves phenomenal, hearty Italian fare. Reservations are a must for evening. Service is always impeccable: we had Craig when we went and he took care of every possible need before we could even think of it! My favorites are the porcini mushroom ravioli, the filet w/lobster ravioli special, and the penne alla vodka. Lunch is great too: the wraps and salads just hit the spot.

Don't miss the Guilford Bistro!!

2 Thank Ajmiele

Madison, Connecticut
“This place rocks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Stopped in for a quick meal and was glad i did..not only was the food excellent, the service awesome, but the place had charm and culture. I also admire the option to eat outside under the Pergala, which is a fantastic addition to the restaurant. I have driven by several times during the summer where I noticed people enjoying their meal outside. not only looks sturdy, but adds to the experience.

I had the salmon on salad which was fabulous..also tried the cheese cake whcih was fresh and tasty. Will be back often now that we tried it!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Jack G
“Decent food, service so-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

4 of us had lunch here the other day. Salads and wraps. The waitress started out very good but went downhill from there. She never came back to ask how everything was. She never refilled our empty water glasses and she let us sit with napkins on our plates for a good 10 minutes before clearing the plates.
The veggie wrap was really greasy and I had to use a knife and fork, I needed more napkins too but oh well. The salads all looked good that the others had. The french fries were very crispy and hot. Overall decent and I would go back to give them another try. The menu had a nice variety of things to chose from. The atmosphere is cute.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sunstarsun
Guilford, Connecticut
“one of the best places to eat in Guilford”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Went last Thursday night with my wife and mother. We all had something different. The atmosphere is nice, the waitstaff diligent and knowledgeable. The food was very good, We had an appetizer and deserts as well, which were very tasty.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Rupertknickerbocker
Connecticut
“Mouth Watering and Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I was fortunate enough to be able to try the argula salad with filet mignon. The salad was simple but delicious topped with fresh parmesean slices on top. Three very generous and mouth watering filet mignons. Great bread slices with olive oil and parmesean cheese with ground pepper. My husband tried the sushi tuna it was cooked to his specifications (almost raw) and he loved it. This will be a regular on our dining stops. Oh, the waiter was just great. Attentive and service was prompt.

• Visited September 2012