“Look elsewhere”
Review of Ramada Groton

Ramada Groton
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Reviewed March 29, 2010

There are literally dozens of hotels that are probably the same price, maybe a bt more expensive that would be a better option. There's an Indian restaurant in the hotel, and the entire place smells like curry. It was nasty. Room was OK, but not very clean. Bathroom had tiles missing. Floor needed to be vacuumed. Location was fine, but like I said, plenty of better choices out there in same area. They charge you $25 for early check-in, which I didn't care for.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank dangol

Reviewed March 12, 2010

The day started off well front desk person was great and talkative. She let us know places around the area and asked us if we were going to the casino(in which we were). Finally we got to our room and found dust all over the floor and nightstands. The carpet seemed like it had not been vacuumed for weeks. The jacuzzi in our room had hair and was very dirty. We spent almost a half hour just cleaning that then we decided to go for a swim pool heater was broken and front desk said it had been like that for quite a long time. The jacuzzi water by the pool was a green color as well. Please be advised this is not a hotel to stay in. Specially when all hotels in this area are around the same price range.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Check in went great not any problems there. ..I got to my room and I noticed it looked like there was white lint on the rugs.. I think they need a vacumm with stronger power.. They also could of dusted better and that would of made the room look great. The bediing was clean and so was the bathroom..It is an average hotel but I knew that just by it's price... It is a good hotel if you plan on going to the local casinos.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2010

Always stay here when we want to do overnight casino runs. The price is right, the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. Love the king size beds and the pillows are very comfy. They also have microwaves and fridges in every room which is convenient if you want a late night snack. Try the Indian Restaurant. The food is outstanding. Plus, the drinks are good...a lot cheaper then at the casino. There are also a lot of other inexpensive restaurants and bars around on the way to the casinos which stay open late. Raya's Pizza Restaurant on Route 12 makes the absolute best grinders. Their grinder rolls are homemade and out of this world! We also love the Ramada Groton because they are dog friendly. If you can't get a dog sitter, you can bring your pooch along for some R and R too. We've never been disappointed and highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2010

This hotel is a convenient 15-20 minute drive from Mohegan Sun Casino. Most of the hotels around the casino are pretty expensive, especially on the wekeends and if an event is going on, but I found this hotel to an extremely good bargain. While it doesn't offer free shuttle service to and from the casino, the money I saved on my room would have allowed me to take a cab back and forth if necessary while still saving money! While the parking/entrace of the hotel was a little confusing to me and I had trouble finding where to get in around the side of the hotel, once inside everything was easy to find. The rooms were clean and the furniture was in good condition. It is also conveniently located next to a diner and across the street from a Wal-Mart. Will definitely stay here again if the rates continue to be as competitive as they just were.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2009

This hotel was cheaper than Mohegan but I got what I paid for. There was a small ladybug nest in the corner of the room (at least it wasn't something else!). There was some hair on our clean towels that was not ours and our balcony door did not lock. This was a very basic hotel but I think next time I'll spend a little more to get a little more.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2009

hotel is just off I95,the room was a little small but clean,you have afridg ,micro and the tv has hbo.The hotel has a indoor pool and hot tub we did not use it but it looked inviting,we walked next door to the diner for supper,it is a good place to eat and very convenient.The continental breakfast was adequate,we got directions to Mohegan Sun casino which was only twenty minutes away

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 14 in Groton

Been to Ramada Groton? Share your experiences!