“Do not stay here!”

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Apex, North Carolina
“Do not stay here!”
Reviewed August 13, 2009

My sister in law booked this hotel for her stay with us because it was a great price and said it had been totally renovated in 2007. They only stayed one night because the hotel was in such terrible condition. The toilet was clogged and when the front desk was notified, they offered her a plunger! The pool was yellow. The bathroom door was warped. Definitely not up to standard of any hotel let alone a Ramada.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
NJ
Reviewed May 18, 2009

The layout of the hotel was very confusing. The pool could of been much cleaner, and needed updating. The paint was chipping of the sides. The jacuzzi did not work. The towels weren't picked up daily and were very small. The room was clean and decent. But the shower was very loud, and noisy. The bathroom door was hard to close. The breakfast wasn't the best. There wasn't a big variety, there was no hot food, and everything had to be microwaved. The hallways had a strong oder from the Indian Resteraunt next to the lobby. The people who worked there were friendly and helpful. Would we stay there again? No

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Groton hotels

New London
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I was very pleased with this hotel. The man at the front desk, Mike..He was very helpful, very pleasant. He made me feel welcome.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Massachusetts
Reviewed April 29, 2009

My husband & I stayed 2 nites here in April, we arrived early 1pm and ask if we could check in early, was told we could but there would be a $15.00 early registration fee,( not posted anywhere) was given a key and went to room that was not cleaned yet, went back to front desk, and they gave us another room.
Misleading advertising,, in our opinion, complimentary breakfast means full breakfast not continental.
The Jacuzzi was closed per order of Board of Health, was not going to take chance and swim in the pool ( our choice)
the rooms were fine served the purpose, upon check out
they did not want to give me a receipt as I paid in advance, I said that I had to pay a early registration fee and want a receipt, was given a hand written receipt.
would not recommend this hotel or stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
ramadagroton, Guest Services coordinator at Ramada Groton, responded to this review, May 1, 2009
Thank you for taking the time in writing a review. I am disappointed you did not give us the opportunity to resolve any questions and concerns directly. In regard to the billing issue, your reservation was made through a 3rd party. Room and tax is handled between you and them. Incidentals & service charges are paid directly by the guest which is stated in the confirmation and our registration card. Check in time begins at 3:00, and is clearly posted at the front desk. As we had a full house our staff must have all rooms ready and inspected by this time. Based on availability we do permit early check in and a charge of 15.00 is assessed. Housekeeping is generally taken from there current assignment to expedite early check-ins.

In regards to our hot tub. The manufacturer has been unable to provide us with an anti entrapment device- which came into law this year. They expect to have this by May 20, in which we look forward to getting this resolved as you can imagine the inconvenience this has caused. Our pool is 100% and exceeds state and franchise requirements.
Glen Ellyn, IL
Reviewed April 23, 2009

I actually liked the hotel and the room and the location. Room was spacious and clean. However, what creeped me out was the fact that none of the exterior doors locked....ever! Anyone could walk in in any time of the day or night. Did not like that at all!!!! Perhaps that was a temporary thing while they were remodeling or something, but I would suggest that guests check that feature out before staying there. Then my husband related the story that he used to work with a guy whose wife was raped by someone who had accessed their hotel thru an unlocked door. So that made me even more nervous!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
Reviewed April 10, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for one week while in town visiting family. I found the staff to be friendly, helpful, and efficient. Upon check in I was greeted with a warm smile and quickly given my room key and made my way to my room. The room was very clean and smelled nice. The kids enjoyed the hotel as well and spent a good amount of time in the swimming pool. I found the hotel to be a great value and plan to return next year.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed April 6, 2009

The room was better than the photos bed super comfortable, fluffy pillows,soft sheets.
VERY clean. Housekeeping was excellent and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The sauna and pool clean and relaxing. Even my toy poodles enjoyed their stay. Close to the casino and Mystic seaport. Will come back again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
Howard Johnson Inn Mystic
Days Inn - Mystic
Days Inn - Mystic
#11 of 13 in Mystic

Been to Ramada Groton? Share your experiences!