“Very clean & Comfortable and a great value”
Review of Ramada Groton

Ramada Groton
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Reviewed April 6, 2009

The room was better than the photos bed super comfortable, fluffy pillows,soft sheets.
VERY clean. Housekeeping was excellent and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The sauna and pool clean and relaxing. Even my toy poodles enjoyed their stay. Close to the casino and Mystic seaport. Will come back again!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ramada Groton

Reviewed March 21, 2009

DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL. It is dirty, smells awful, and leaves you with an empty feeling in your stomache. The employees are rude, it is desolate and dark, the pool is dirty and the whirlpool doesnt work. The sauna reminds me of a gas chamber, used in the holocaust. It was scary and after upgrading to a "better room", I found myself in the basement, surounded by boiler rooms. Tried for hours to get my money back for the next night so I could afford to stay somewhere else, and olnly after being locked out of my room for an hour did I pack my car and speed away as fast as I could. DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2009

I travel extensively as part of my job and stay in about 45 different hotels per year. I have sen a lot of 3-4 star hotels that left me wondering how they got them.

This hotel was great! The staff was friendly from the moment I checked in to the time I left. Every time I walked past the front desk I was greeted and asked if everything was ok.

The staff is of Indian ethnicity and this is probably the reason for the warm attitude. All across the country, whenever I come in contact with this culture - they are warm and accommodating.

Rooms were clean and temp was set perfect upon arrival. The pool was indoors and heated. The temp of the water was a bit cooler than I would have expected but I think they had problems with their heater as the hot tub was not working either. Water was a bit cloudy but, it was probably due to the heavy chlorine.

Overall appearance was clean throughout. Breakfast was opened on time. They had eggs, bacon and sausage you could heat in a microwave, in addition to fruit, rolls, muffins etc. Orange juice was good, coffee was good. Plenty of food to choose from.

Overall, it was a great place to stay. I have spent much more money on worse places. I would easily recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 23, 2009

I was looking forward to my stay at Ramada Groton, but left disappointed with the service and facilities.

Arrived to a non-smoking room that smelled like a bar in New Orleans. Even the sheets reeked of cigar smoke. Room was also freezing cold, colder than outside, which prevented us from getting rest after a long trip leading up to check-in. Room full of hairs in bed and elsewhere, and no shampoo in bathroom. I called the front desk for shampoo to be delivered to my room at approximately 8:30 am, and it hadn't arrived 20 minutes later; instead, I got a phone call: "The shampoo is here, why haven't you picked it up yet?" For a hundred bucks a night, i figured the hotel staff would bring the shampoo to my room. I wish that was clarified over the phone. Also, a very kind gentleman who placed my reservation was severely misinformed about the goings-on at the Ramada Groton. He told me that the jacuzzi was working (I asked twice to be sure, and he insisted it was very nice jacuzzi), and that there was also a sauna and heated pool available for guests to use. I did not book the whirlpool bathroom because the hotel was equipped with a jacuzzi and sauna. Well...when we got there, it was obvious that the jacuzzi had been out of order for a long time, and the sauna was completely ripped apart for construction. I booked my reservation two days before I arrived, and with the walls literally torn out, it was obviously a case of misinformed staff. The pool was a murky green color, so also unswimable. Checking out was a pain in the neck, too. All I had to do was return the keys, but the understaffed front desk was dealing with several complaining customers as I, and several other guests, waited to check out. Eventually -- after a 15 minute wait -- I had to interrupt the kind lady at the front desk to give her my keys, so I could reach my next destination on time.

Hairs and smoke aside, the king-sized bed was comfortable, and the shower had good pressure (but cold water!). OK, I don't complain unless it's a real bother, and I highly recommend avoiding the Ramada Groton. So disappointed in the service, lack of knowledge about the hotel from the service staff, and the general cleanliness of the room. Sadly I will not book a Ramada again if I can help it.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aacw23
Reviewed January 8, 2009

My 8 year old daughter had a dance competition in Groton, CT and her last number was going on at 10:30pm, so my husband and I decided to book a hotel for the night so that we would not have to drive her and my 5 year old daughter home so late at night. I called and made a reservation at the location of the dance competition and he made one at the Ramada. As soon as I realized that he made the reservation, I called the Ramada to cancel it, because it just made more sense to stay where the competition was being held. Well, the woman I spoke to was not helpful at all and insisted that I pay the $25 cancellation fee. I explained that the reservation was made within the last 5 - 10 minutes, but she told me that was not a good enough reason to waive the fee and told me that if I called my credit card company that she would just send them the "policy agreement" and I would still have the pay the fee. Needless to stay - I would NEVER stay at a Ramada because of this inconvenience, and the customer relations person was NOT helpful at all.

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed January 7, 2009

My fiancee' and I stayed for two nights. We were in the area for a concert at the Mohegan Sun Casino. The Ramada is centrally located to the Mystic Seaport area and the casino. Not knowing the area, I was very happy with the location of this motel. We were able to use our Wyndham rewards for the King, jacuzzi room. The room was spacious, neat and clean. The Aveyda products (shampoo, lotion, conditioner, soap) were a nice touch. There were even robes! The staff were pleasant. We did not dine in the restaurant but it looked very nice. If we are in the area again, we will definately stay at the Ramada again. The only problem was that it being January and VERY COLD it would have been nice if the heat had been turned on prior to our arrival. It took quite a while for the room to get heated to a comfortable temperature. Other than that, our stay was quite enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2009
1  Thank debby_in_pa
Reviewed December 31, 2008

We chose this hotel, like others, based on the TripAdvisor reviews, and weren't disappointed. While not exceptional, the hotel was an incredible value - nice, spacious room, deluxe continental breakfast, free Internet, coffee, and an indoor pool for a very low nightly rate. The pool and some other hotel features showed their age but many aspects of the property reflected the recent (and ongoing?) remodeling and upgrading, as this hotel is under new management. We found it to be perfectly and conveniently situated (10-15 min drive) between the sights of Mystic, CT and the Mohegan Sun and Foxwoods casinos. Also quite convenient to the cross-sound ferry in New London. Finally, there is a Walmart directly across the street, convenient if you need to pick anything up. Great choice for a short stay with family or business travel.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 14 in Groton

Been to Ramada Groton? Share your experiences!