“Great staff in a difficult time”
Review of Ramada Groton

Ramada Groton
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Just a quick note to let everyone know just how kind the staff is at the Ramada in Groton, CT. We had a freak snow storm that knocked out power to over 850,000 CT residence this past weekend. With two small children and a dog we searched hi and low for a safe place to live for a couple of days. The staff here took great care of us and worked with us to ensure we had everything we needed. Great people, hard working and compassionate. Rooms were great! My kids especially loved the pool and we loved the family atmosphere! Great place to visit.

Mike

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We went to Ct. to see a show at Foxwoods. Everythin g there was booked. Someone
recommended this Ramada. It was very clean, people were very nice who worked there
I enjoyed staying there, the beds were great. I would go back again. The complimentary
was very good and convenient.
Jeanne Penrod and Brett Beattie

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Excellent room, good service, and pretty nice complimentary breakfast (no bacon, eggs, or sausage, though). Very nice location with Wal-mart and Stop & Shop right across the road and Five Guys hamburger restaurant right next door. A very good deal in October ($44 per night for a single, non-smoking room) but was more expensive in summer due to tourist season. A good choice - God bless your decision-making!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Its my pleasure to write a review for this Ramada Inn in Groton, CT.
I have stayed in many hotels but the experience at this hotel has been the best so far.
When I arrived at the hotel after my on line reservation, I was greeted with a very friendly and professional gentleman at the front counter. His name was Bav.
He was very helpful and knew the area very well he informed me about many attraction in the are and provided me many tips. Also guided me to my room and asked me for additional help.
The rooms were very very clean and all amenities were in right location. The room size is very comfortable and cozy.
The hotel has a indoor heated swimming pool and a great Indian restaurant. I really enjoyed dinner at this restaurant.
The great new .. all this came at a great price !!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!!!. My preference is First Floor.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ronak G
Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed overnight while traveling between Niantic, Mystic, and Foxwoods. Great location, clean room, friendly staff, and a pool!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We held our annual ships reunion at this hotel, it was a very pleasant experience, the rooms were very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. We had 18 rooms and I didn't hear any complains about the rooms or the service, we would come back to this hotel if we come back to this area in the future.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 5, 2011

This was by no means meant to be a romantic getaway, but I wanted to find a place somewhat close to the Essex Steam Train. I carefully selected this hotel, because I was looking for a hotel that had a hot tub and bar/lounge, in hopes to relax for a few hours prior to the steam train trip. The pool area was not clean and had a very smelly moldy feel to it. The hot tub had brown foam floating on top. I'll stop there on that one. The bar was shut down. Not sure exactly why, but the employee said they were forced to close the bar area and alcohol was not allowed to be served. By this time I am furious. We went the extra distance away from the steam train location, to go to a place specifically with these amentities.

On to the room. The only sink in the room was in the room itself, not in the bathroom. UGH! Anything you do that requires privacy in front of a sink (like even brushing your teeth)...sorry. In summary, find another hotel. Even a quick over-nighter is not worth it. Even the staff was not friendly.

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kipsinger
Travelers also viewed these Groton hotels
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos
Hampton Inn - Groton
Hampton Inn - Groton
#2 of 14 in Groton
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Been to Ramada Groton? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Groton

Address: 156 Kings Hwy, Groton, CT 06340-3436 (Formerly Gold Star Inn A Clarion Collection)
Location: United States > Connecticut > Groton
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Price Range: $56 - $135 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Groton 2.5*
Recently Renovated Summer 2007!! Two Story, 69 Room Hotel. Continental Breakfast 7 days a week. 24/7 Coffee. Indoor heated Pool & Jacuzzi. Restaurant & Hair Salon on-site. Pet Friendly. Truck Parking Available. Close to major attractions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ramada Groton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Groton Hotel Groton