“Very accommodating” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Groton
Seminole
“Very accommodating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

As a business traveler, I have stayed at the Groton Inn several times for up to a week at a time. Although the hotel is undergoing some much needed improvements and updating, it never interferred with my comfort. The rooms are clean and they are comfortable. A full breakfast off the menu is included.

I can't say enough about the friendly and accommodating hotel staff. I was always greeted with a smile and a kind word, and each request was easily filled.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sunil S, General Manager at Groton Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
In my previous line of work I used to travel often, so I can definitely understand the difference a clean and comfortable accommodation can make. I look forward to continually meeting those expectations on your future visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
NORTH BERWICK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I Loved this place. I will try to stay there the next time I work in Ct. The staff was Really helpful and friendly. They tried there best to make you feel welcome. The house keeping was out standing and did a great job. They changed sheets when ever asked. I was a relieve knowing your room was done properly. The food was great and I will visit restaurant even if I don't get to stay there. I Highly recommend this place. you wont be disappointed!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank GerryNorthBerwick
It means a lot to hear that we are providing excellent housekeeping services. I am proud to say that our staff is very detailed oriented and enthusiastic about customer service. Hope you make us your go to place for future visits and be sure to stop in for all-you-can-eat prime rib on Thursdays!
Astoria, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We've been here six or seven times....clean, friendly, free hot breakfast. Yes, a little "old school" in decor, but so what. They have the fundamentals in order. 10 minutes to Mohegan. Save a few hundred dollars versus staying at the casino. Use it for dinner, shopping and games. Will definitley stay again.

Room Tip: Original google directions to the hotel sent us to the wrong exit. Double check directions. Coming n...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

It's always great to hear from a regular! We know you have many choices for accommodations, and are glad that we make it to the top of your list.

Next time you stop by, ask for me and say hi!
Dover,NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The room was comfortable, however, some of the lights did n't work and the light switch for the mai light in the entry way needed to be fixed. The main problem was NO WifI WAS AVAILABLE during our two night stay. That's unsatisfactory.

Room Tip: Best room for the price is a suite. Ist Floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced connectivity issues with the WiFi. It seems that your stay may have coincided with our planned upgrade to a better Internet service provider, We now have speeds 10 times faster than our previous service!

On your next visit, please come see me if you experience any connectivity issues.
Portsmouth, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

From the outside, this hotel may be a little intimidating. It's not really visible from the main road and the parking lot is oversized and unused (it may have been used as a conference center is its younger days) which makes the building seem more deserted than it should. There is no hotel sign on the front of the building either.

Inside, the hotel seems aged with wood paneling and a little bit of a wood, musty smell when you walk in. There are no elevators and there is only an ice machine on the first floor.

Despite the outdated aesthetics (and to be fair, there was a sign that said they were doing renovations, so they may be trying to update their look), the hotel was very cheap (under $100 on a Sat. night on Labor Day Weekend) thanks to Priceline Name your Price. Our room was surprisingly large. We had a room on the 2nd floor, near the lobby and stairs which was convenient. The room was much larger than expected! It was a studio suite with a large king size bed. There was a flat screen TV in front of the bed and another one in the living area along with a refrigerator and microwave. Bathroom area was clean and water pressure in shower was adjustable and temperature was great.

Room was very clean and we had a great night. They also include two free breakfast passes, which can be used in their restaurant. We had a late night at Foxwoods, so we did not wake up in time for this, so can’t review how the food was here.

Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area, for either proximity to Foxwoods or for the coast area. If it weren’t for sites like TripAdvisor, we wouldn’t have been inclined to stay here because of its appearance from the outside. But based on the good reviews, we figured it must be decent on the inside and we were right!

Room Tip: Closer to the lobby will make entrance/exit easier since there are no elevators. Or for more privac...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
I'm glad you had a great visit! As you have mentioned, we are in the process of making improvements and I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience our recently purchased beds and flat screens.

I definitely encourage you to come visit us again, especially for the food!
Gloucester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

A friend recommended this hotel as a "clean, no frills" place to stay near Mystic. I'm glad I followed his advice. The entrance to this hotel is easy to miss, so call ahead for directions. The front lobby is charming with a small Koi pond and sitting area. A small reading nook with easy chairs and books is located at the top of the lobby stairs. The main building does not have an elevator, but the stairs are an easy climb. I was somewhat concerned when I realized that the lobby and halls were not air conditioned, but the air conditioner in our room worked well. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. The building is older, but seems to be in the process of being renovated. Rooms have a microwave and refrigerator. One drawback was tight quarters in the bathroom and a toilet without a lid. The ice-machine is located downstairs in the smoking wing (not pleasant for non-smokers). We enjoyed the hotel restaurant which serves a "killer" prime rib! My friend tackled the lobster. The complimentary breakfast with a sit-down menu was also a pleasant surprise after a week of continental breakfasts at other hotels on the road. My friend asked if I would I stay here again. My answer? Yes :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HokieGal01
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This inn had two rooms left when we passed through Mystic during a very busy weekend, so we stayed. It is well priced for the area, and we were rented a two bedroom one bath apartment. The entire property is dated, but kept clean. It seems like the staff is doing the best they can with what they have to work with. There is a restaurant on site that is affordable priced, with a bar. The inn offers short and long term rentals and is close to attractions in Mystic. Even though it is located near the highway, you really don't hear the traffic with the air on. It was a good night's rest for us and we would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#6 of 14 in Groton
3.5 of 5 stars 65 reviews

Been to Groton Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!