WINNER WONDERLAND

“Overpriced for low value” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Groton

Super 8 Groton
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Groton
“Overpriced for low value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

This was a fairly big waste of money. It was so so clean. The hair dryer was falling off the wall. The hot breakfast was a choice of waffle or packaged cinnamon roll! Nothing special and very thin walls and bad smells. Skip it!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank irishrose2112

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

A little overdue but here goes. My girlfriend and I had to attend a wedding in New London and were looking for a place to stay. A friend recommended to check out the super 8 in Groton. At first, I was skeptical after reading some of the reviews on here. But for the price and the location, I figured I would give it a shot with low expectation. I travel much for business and seen many of the good and the bad. I must warn you that the place is a little dated and not a 5 star hotel. However, it was clean, the staff was on point, and the price was amazing considering its short drive to foxwoods and mohegan.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Penn C
Northampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I took my boyfriend here this past weekend as a birthday surprise trip to the Mystic/Groton area. The hotel is right off of a major road, but is very easy to find and has plenty of parking. The front area looks a little dinky, one computer and florescent lighting but it's not the Ritz so that didn't bug me. Our room was very clean and fairly large, with a king bed (for the price of a queen everywhere else I looked in the Groton area) and a TV with a lot of channels. We were on the busy side of the road (the motel is at a slight angle, so we faced a wooded area but could also see the highway/road out of the window). However, with the window closed we couldn't hear anything so that was fine. Only one little shampoo bottle, but we were only staying the night so that was ok. The hallways did smell like smoke, even though we were in the non-smoking area. The breakfast was nothing special- though there was a waffle station, so that was a nice treat- as well as hot water, coffee and cereal. The bed was very comfy and the pillows were nice, large and squishy. My boyfriend and I were only there for a few hours really, since we went out to dinner that night and left the next morning; but we were very happy with the room for the price and location!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Rodeway Inn
Ramada Groton
Ramada Groton
#10 of 14 in Groton
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Been to Super 8 Groton? Share your experiences!