WINNER WONDERLAND

“Easy-chair was a nice touch but turned into a negative on...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Groton

Super 8 Groton
Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Groton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Northampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

I took my boyfriend here this past weekend as a birthday surprise trip to the Mystic/Groton area. The hotel is right off of a major road, but is very easy to find and has plenty of parking. The front area looks a little dinky, one computer and florescent lighting but it's not the Ritz so that didn't bug me. Our room was very clean and fairly large, with a king bed (for the price of a queen everywhere else I looked in the Groton area) and a TV with a lot of channels. We were on the busy side of the road (the motel is at a slight angle, so we faced a wooded area but could also see the highway/road out of the window). However, with the window closed we couldn't hear anything so that was fine. Only one little shampoo bottle, but we were only staying the night so that was ok. The hallways did smell like smoke, even though we were in the non-smoking area. The breakfast was nothing special- though there was a waffle station, so that was a nice treat- as well as hot water, coffee and cereal. The bed was very comfy and the pillows were nice, large and squishy. My boyfriend and I were only there for a few hours really, since we went out to dinner that night and left the next morning; but we were very happy with the room for the price and location!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

The lobby is welcoming and check in/check out was a breeze with the friendly staff members I encountered at each end. The breakfast served was a nice spread and a nice touch, not all motels in this area have it available. My room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and had plenty of space to lounge around. Temperature controls worked just fine. Older style TV but had plenty of channels to choose from. A very nice touch is that the room had a microwave and refrigerator, two amenities that not all motels in this area have. My only complaint is that the bathroom really lacked proper lighting, it was just a sort of industrial looking fluorescent light, and that the shower's water pressure was lacking a bit and seemed to drift from scalding hot to rather cold without me changing anything. Other than that, it was well appointed though a little dated, but for only paying $60 for a saturday night, and it's right off of I-95, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank frenzee617
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groton
Rodeway Inn
Ramada Groton
Ramada Groton
#10 of 14 in Groton
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton

Been to Super 8 Groton? Share your experiences!