Gold Star Inn & Suites
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$116
$116
Travelocity
$50
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 20, 2007

Stayed here one night for the first, and last, time. While the front desk staff were very helpful (one recommended an excellent restaurant), we found a dirty towel hanging on the bathroom door and too few towels. When we called the desk, the cleaner was sent with new towels (only 2) and removed the dirty towel, but with an attitude.
The property itself is old and not very well maintained. It was obvious there were numerous ceiling leaks (don't know if they still leak, it was not raining), the heat-a/c units were very noisy as was the refrigerator. The couch had a piece of plywood under the cushions. The bed was very comfortable. It was a spacious room and with renovation, could be a very nice place, until then I will stay away.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank EngineerJB
Reviewed August 10, 2006

We came to Connecticut for a bacheloretter party and had reservations at another hotel. When we got to the other hotel, we found that they had given our rooms away! We called just baout every hotel in the area and no one would help us! We finally got in touch with the wonderful people at the Sojourner Inn. I explained out situation and they said that they would be happy to help. They moved some things around and were able to put us in the Presidential Suite and another room right across the hall! They provided us with cots and extra linens. They really bent over backwards to help us salvage our weekend and we truly enjoyed our stay with them. The rooms were large and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Traci16
A TripAdvisor Member
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed May 11, 2006

My wife and I have stayed at the Sojourner Inn in Groton every year when we visit Souteastern Ct. We have always enjoyed staying there, but no more.

The Sojourner Inn is under new management and they are quite simply horrible. The hotel is in very bad shape.

We arrived last night for a room that we reserved in advance. Our room was dirty, there were no clean towels, it had a strong mildue odor, and the ceiling was actually dripping rainwater onto our bed. When we asked the front desk for help they were very rude and basically refused to help us.

We checked out first thing this morning (in the pouring rain no less) and relocated to another nearby hotel to finish our vacation.

Do not, I repeat, do not stay at the Sojourner Inn.

• Stayed: May 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 30, 2006

The rooms were far below standard. All the furniture is old worn and dirty! We had 3 rooms booked and had to change out of 2 of them. The non-smoking room was not! Our room had old towels stuffed on the windowsill to catch the dripping rain water. Above and below the window the wall was falling apart from absorbing all the leaks. The bathroom had stains all over the ceiling. The chairs had grease marks on the arms and stains on the seats. Only 2 small bath taowels in our room. In our friend's room they had only one, and the staff was not pleased to provide them with another. We should have left, but it was raining heavily and we did not want to drive further.

• Stayed: April 2006
4  Thank RGKNY
A TripAdvisor Member
Groton, CT
Reviewed April 20, 2006

My family is relocating to the area and we had planned on staying at the Sojourner Inn while we looked for a house. We chose the suite with the seperate bedroom. The rooms are tastefully decorated and quite spacious, but the furnishings seemed a bit old.

Early this morning my wife had an appointment so I decided to sleep in. While I was in the bathroom I heard the room phone ring but I didn't get to it in time. I thought nothing of it and went back in the bedroom to lay down. I thought that I heard some noise coming from the living room area and I opened the door to find one of the hotel workers going through our belongings.

When I opened the door it startled the worker and all that he could say was "I didn't see the sign", without ever looking back at the door. We called the police and to our surprise the person in our room was the hotel manager and his reason that he told the police officer for going through our belongings was to see if we needed room service.

To make a long story short we immediately made other arrangements for a place to stay.

I will be honest, we were suspicious because when we'd leave the room (even with the "privacy please" sign up) and return later things seemed like they weren't where we put them. But, never in my life have I even encountered such a blatant and unwarranted violation of privacy.

• Stayed: April 2006