“Pretty good!”

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Groton
New York City, New York
“Pretty good!”
Reviewed December 2, 2011

We only spent a night here. Very close to Mohegan sun (approx 10 mins) and Foxwoods. The staffs were very nice. I do no remember seeing any shops close to the Inn. The breakfast was good, you get both warm and cold food. The bed was awesome! The bathroom is a little tiny. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Oshawa
Reviewed November 1, 2011

this is a budget hotel. did not pay alot for it so didn't expect much. it did its purpose which was a place close to foxwoods and mohegan sun for a quick visit but i would chose a different hotel next time. it did have a mini fridge and microwave in the room but was a very basic room and had not been updated in quite some time. they were friendly and gave printed directions to the casino resorts that were only 20 minutes away.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Groton hotels

Hyde Park, New York
Reviewed October 28, 2011

This hotel has a great location - just a short drive to either Mystic or to the casinos. The best part is that the location comes without the high price. My boyfriend and I stayed for two nights and were very pleased. The bed was comfy, and the water pressure in the shower was amazing. The only thing was that the shower head seemed a little low. I'm only about 5'5" and i felt like i was taller than it. When he (6'2") got in the shower, the shower head was low for him.
The free breakfast in the am was tasty. The indoor pool was very nice. I can't say enough about the great location. This was one of the most relaxing weekend getaways that we've been on. I'd defintely stay here again.

4 Thank tib3322
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed October 24, 2011

I was looking for a place to stay for the weekend, to go to mohegan sun and visit Mystic Village. I looked for a place for about 3 weeks, afraid of getting a bad hotel. Booked this one the day before arriving and was pleased. I didn't think it was bad at all. I have been in worse! It had a blow dryer which I needed. Fridge and microwave. Even a ironing board and iron, which the iron was nicer than mine at home. The location was perfect, easy to find your way around. And easy to find places to eat. I would go here again and recommend it for a place to crash and go out sightseeing.

Northern Virginia
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed one night and was gone most of the evening so we really only slept in the room.
The bed was really firm to our liking and the pillows were small but it was not a bad room.
Breakfast was next door and we were late getting there so the manager made us fresh eggs
and brought out toast and was really nice. On Friday nights they offer free shuttle to the casino which would be nice if you didn't want to pay casino rates to stay there.

Oregon, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for one night while on a road trip. The reason being was that it was part of the Choice Hotel chain and we could use minimal points to stay and it was very close to Mystic, where we wanted to go the next day, to spend time at the Mystic Sea Port.

So it has older drop ceilings that show signs of some water staining, the rooms are accessed from an external door, the decor is tired looking. However the bed was comfortable, the room spacious and the location great.

Free breakfast is alway good for a long road trip on a budget. So I don't have much to tell. It's dated but there is nothing bad that would stop me staying here again. It's more a visual thing.

The staff are very friendly, helpful and that makes up for a lot when you're tired and arriving ether very early, or as we usually do, very late.

Room Tip: The rooms to the road end have been cleaned and given a bit of a clean up we were told by the duty m...