“The best sushi in the area”

KOTO Japanese Steak House
Ranked #18 of 120 Restaurants in Groton
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Niantic
“The best sushi in the area”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

OK, I am Japanese. I need to eat sushi once a week. I go to KOTO for my sushi crave. I tried many Sushi places in the area and I can say, "KOTO" has the best sushi around. When my American friends ask me for advice, I do not hesitate to say, "Koto!"
In the past, Koto had a real Japanese sushi chef and a real Japanese kitchen chef, but they are gone. It is a shame, Koto could not keep them for the highest quality, but , the quality and the freshness of sushi are still pretty good. I am talking about authentic sushi, but not rolls. That is what you can tell the quality of the restaurant from. I tried some of the rolls and they are also very good, too, and you would not be disappointed.
As for Hibachi, they are entertaining and great for a special gathering, but I am there for sushi. Kitchen menu is also good.... especially the lunch boxes are very reasonable. If you do not care for sushi or sashimi, try one of lunch boxes. Tempura is very good, too.
Some of other places really do not have good authentic sushi and if you are looking for good authentic sushi, go to KOTO!

• Visited May 2013

Pennsylvania
“Great place”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch. The koto box lunch special is a great value...basically a customizable sampler lunch menu...very good food. Great price. Great quality. Thoroughly enjoyed everything.

• Visited April 2013
Waterville, Maine
“Favorite place!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Whenever I am in the area I always feel the need to go here. The sushi is amazing. The service is great and the hibachi is pretty good. I prefer to dining area, which is outside of the hibachi area.

• Visited March 2013
Massachusetts
“Loved it”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The chefs were enthusiastic and put on a good show (with some moves that were different from the restaurants we've been to in Mass.) The food was great and three kids under 14 gave it a big thumbs up.

• Visited April 2013
New Hampshire
“Absolutely loved it”
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Great food, good pricing, excellent service. Our waiter was very helpful with our food allergy issues. The hibachi shows were great fun to watch even though we were seated outside the hibachi tables. Highly recommend.