“The best pasta in SE Connecticut, in my opinion. Made fresh in the restaurant and have a fantastic selection. I love...”
Review of Paul's Pasta Shop

Paul's Pasta Shop
Ranked #1 of 119 Restaurants in Groton
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Reviewed September 3, 2008

The best pasta in SE Connecticut, in my opinion. Made fresh in the restaurant and have a fantastic selection. I love their lobster ravioli with alfredo sauce.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“My favorite local hangout. Fresh pasta, delicious pesto sauce and, although they don't make it there on the premises...”
Reviewed July 22, 2008

My favorite local hangout. Fresh pasta, delicious pesto sauce and, although they don't make it there on the premises, try a slice of peanut butter pie for dessert

“excellent food”
Reviewed July 18, 2008

excellent food

Alabama
“Mediocre food and spotty service”
Reviewed June 23, 2008

I'm surprised at the reviews I read on Travelocity. Pizza Hut's food service is better - no offence to Pizza Hut.

We arrived and waited 5 minutes for a server; I can handle that if the food is even decent. We ordered linguine with a liquid clam sauce that splashed. The eggplant I ordered was covered in a mediocre red sauce and I know why. After the first bite I uncovered the fried covering and saw an oily doughy gray piece of eggplant. I was so disgusted I scraped all of it off and placed it on top of the dish - so the server would see it when she returned. Nope. She took one look at it, whisked it away and brought back the check. No inquiries about the meal. Didn't even offer a dessert menu (which we acquired from the bus boy at the next table).

I haven't left a 10% tip in 10 years and the server didn't deserve one cent of it. A general respect of waiters in general made me tip at all.

I used other recommendations from Travelocity for the neighboring cities and was excited and pleased by the meals. I certainly don't want to insult any other commenter's, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of these reviews were posted by the restaurant owners. Go to Mystic for real food and service.

3 Thank AmazingRaceFinalist
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I live the Chicken Diablo! The view of New London is great on the deck as well!”
Reviewed June 14, 2008

I live the Chicken Diablo! The view of New London is great on the deck as well!