“Can't wait to go back!”

Norm's Diner
Ranked #9 of 119 Restaurants in Groton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Can't wait to go back!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

What's there not to like about Norm's? It's an old fashion, greasy spoon watering hole that is filled with charm and spirit. I'm from New Jersey and I consider myself to be a diner expert. This joint has earned a place in my heart. There's only six booths, as the counter takes up the majority of the place. We sat right in front of the grill and enjoyed the cooks banter and cook the food.
There's not fancy fare here, just cheap and delicious eats. We went here for breakfast and loved it. I ordered way too much food - an egg sandwich, a pancake, and hashed brown potatoes. It was all delicious. I was especially impressed with the hash browns - fresh shredded potatoes!!!! I didn't know these actually existed.
The only thing that would make this place perfect is if they offered Taylor Ham, but no one's perfect! :)

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Michcella T

Albany
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast at Norms”
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This Diner did seem likes 'greasy spoon' to us. We stopped herefor breakfast and had eggs/bacon/hash browns. All of the food tasted like it was cooked together with the bacon grease. Although I did clean my plate, I wouldn't recommend it to people that don't like that. The service was great but I don't think I'll be back.

Connecticut
“Hearty”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Norm's is a nice treat for breakfast in the morning or I am assuming anytime. Small little place with good breakfast. The home fries are the best. Went with the family for a 10am breakfast. I have bacon eggs and toast w/homefries. The coffee was even good. I have no complaints about the place. The only thing that could be better is more seating. Looks like one of those diners from a mystery movie or something. I would definitely repeat. The give lots of bacon and are accommodating.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank rodioCT
Groton, Connecticut
“Best diner anywhere”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I have been going here since I was a kid. And I have always had a good meal. Food is good, people are great and it won't empty your wallet. I try to go here as much as I can.

• Visited March 2014
Simsbury, Connecticut
“It's a Diner that serves good food and good service a must stop while in Groton.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I lived in Groton for many years while he served in the Navy as a  Submariner but we never tried this place. It took a visit to the Base to find this gem. It brings me back to when I worked at a Diner during my teen years. A very fond memory. If you are looking for good food served by good people this is s must stop.

• Visited August 2013