“Great Mexican food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Although the restaurant is in a nondescript stripmall, the décor inside makes you forget where you are...it's very nicely done. The nachos are a must have, and our entrees were excellent. Unfortunately our drinks left something to be desired. I think we'll skip the alcoholic drinks next time. Other than that it was a great experience and we'll definitely be returning!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Have been 2x so far. Will be back. Went with group first time. It was busy and the staff got overwhelmed. That being said once we got food, it was really good. Well seasoned good food. We had fish tacos, a beef dish and pork. All cooked perfectly. There was a soup special and it was really delicious. I love the decor.
So for issues, I'll say service tries hard but sometimes has difficulties. Everyone is very nice. The temps in the Resturant do depend on wager you sit. We sat midway in the Resturant and were fine. I sat at the bar once and it was a sauna.
I would recommend giving it a try at lunch, tends to be less busy, so good service and reasonable time of waiting for food. But don't shy away, it's worth the trip.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I tried it this past week. The decor was very nice and the place is clean.
The temperature varies greatly between the front door and back of the restaurant, where i overheard multiple patrons complain of being cold while i was there.
The food is expensive! I dont mind paying a bit more for a great meal, but the food wasnt very good (Chicken fajitas served with a side of tomato sauce as well as cooked in tomato sauce).
The service and food were lacking. Not a place that i would dine at again.

1  Thank Smiling-Matt
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We are huge fans of Milagro in Stonington, the parent restaurant to Manana. So when we heard that Manana had opened, we decided to give it a shot. While not the same caliber of Milagro, Manana offers true Mexican food at very reasonable prices.
No complaints here and we look forward to visiting again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to find a well decorated vibrant restaurant in a bland strip mall in Groton. We were attended to immediately by a very pleasant and efficient waitperson. One of the specials was Baja Fish Tacos....moist fish in a light beer batter with soft tacos, slaw.... absolutely delicious and very fresh! The guacamole was superb...creamy, flavorful and fresh with warm chips. I did find the prices to be slightly high...but with the food being so fresh and scrumptious, we will head back as soon as the opportunity presents and plan to encourage our friends to give it a try. Mañana is a wonderful new addition to the dining scene in Groton!

Been to Manana Cafe? Share your experiences!