“Not my best experience in a restaurant”

Mirch Masala Cuisine of India
Ranked #4 of 121 Restaurants in Groton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2013

I've eaten here for the lunch buffet and was impressed with the variety and range of dishes. I brought my husband for dinner and although the meal was good, we were bothered by a swarm of fruit flies and other flies that persisted in making our experience unpleasant. I don't know if a change in the weather prompted staff to open windows, but to have flies landing on our heads, our plates, our table was unacceptable. It was a disappointment.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Party of 13 was waited on by 2 people, We did not mind that the food took long, but it came few and took long time in between. I have had better Indian food, but I got a feeling we did not get the best service or food as everyone else is raving about.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

My oldest son, Matthew & I like to call ourselves "the galloping gourmets". We both work very hard & although Matt lives only in the next town from me, we find it hard to get together. So, we like to go out to dinner & try different foods & restaurants. We both love, love, love this restaurant. The food always delicious & very intereting, the atmosphere is warm & the waiters & manager is very friendly & very good teachers about their type of food. This restaurant also puts coupons in the local "Clipper Magazine". You can have a coupon for either $10 off a meal over $50, one for $5 for a meal over $25 & one for 10 % off your total bill (I think?) there are 4 total coupons in the magazine. If you want a spicy, interesting experience definitely try this delicious, Indian restaurant. PS: I discovered the lightest, white rice that was so good. Unfortunately, I can't remember its name. Hurry down to this restaurant for an International experience!

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

A clean and warm atmosphere. Food is very good and fills you up without making you feel lethargic. There lunch buffet is a real bargain.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stopped here for lunch and I was impressed with their buffet offerings. There were many traditional as well as vegetarian options. Everything was well prepared and I was impressed with the freshness of the ingredients. The only down side was the service was slow- we had to wait for the check while the staff asked if we wanted more water or bread when it was clear we were finished.

Been to Mirch Masala Cuisine of India? Share your experiences!