“Authentic===to me”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed April 26, 2014

First time experience left me very happy to have eaten here. Small dining area in entrance room but was not confining. Felt welcomed by the staff and the décor therein. I had a burrito plate which overflowed with delicious beans, rice and a large burrito; was not disappointed and tasted authentic Mexican to me.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I just paid $9.00 for a tiny quesidilla that was only half filled with bland chicken and cheese. To top it off, the tortilla wasnt even cooked! Very disappointing. Left still hungry

3  Thank rsm19699
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I moved to Groton CT from Michigan and was told this was a pretty great place to get Mexican food, so naturally I went. Well, at best it was ok. Nothing about the place is bad, it was fine - staff was friendly, menu has all the required dishes, food was fine. I came from MI where there is a large and well established Mexican community and the awesome benefit of that is that there many, many Mexican restaurants that compete with each other so you end up with some pretty extraordinary places. My expectations are very high because I've been spoiled :-)

1  Thank Mary Jean B
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I’m a repeat customer that’s enjoyed their food on several occasions. Ortega's has always given me consistently good food that’s fresh and served in a prompt fashion. The menu is likeable and prices are good. Additionally, they are a friendly, small and extremely clean restaurant, which is good for families and couples alike. These factors make Ortega a recommend restaurant that will appeal to most people.

1  Thank Michael8806
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have been going here for years. Great food at affordable prices. The owners and the staff are the best! Such nice people and very hard working too. I always get the "dos enchilada" plate. Best flan ever!