“great views, nice service, average food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fisherman Restaurant - CLOSED

Fisherman Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Montreal, Canada
“great views, nice service, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

I had lunch here a few days ago. It was recommended by a few locals, so I took the 215 to the end of the road off the no. 1 at Groton to the Point. The area is beautiful, with lovely homes along the river and ocean.
I ordered a Fisherman's Platter for $22, thinking it was a better value, than a lobster roll at an exorbitant $18. The plate came with shrimp, oysters, haddock, and scallops, breaded and deep fried. Included were french fries and coleslaw. The food was okay, but not great. The restaurant itself, is stunning because of the huge picture windows. The establishment needs to hire a better chef.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank kits0u

Noank, Connecticut
“Birthday Dinner Event”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Had my Mother's surprise Birthday party here. The food and waitstaff were excellent! The water views were second to none. Can't wait to sit outside and dine waterside there when it warms up.

• Visited March 2014
Mystic, Connecticut
“Rene D Mystic”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Last night was the last time I will ever go to the Fisherman again.For more than 30 years I have been some what of a regular at this, one of only 2, restaurants offering a view of the water in Mystic area. Not only will this be my last time, I will no longer host any of my group meal events at the Fisherman.For 2 + years the entrance has been in some type of renovation and still not complete.
The food is just fair at best. With more and more GOOD restaurants in Mystic, its a shame that the Fisherman with so much to offer, has to be in such a sad state.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Rene D
Milford, CT
“Nice meal, relaxing atomshpere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Had a restaurant.com gift certificate and thought we would give the Fisherman Restaruant a try. We had a nice meal and a very friendly waitess. The resturant could however, use a remodel. It's carpeting is very old and worn.

• Visited January 2014
Groton, Connecticut
“rip off &poor food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Tonight we presented a coupon purchased through AARP with a face value of $25.00. The coupon was presented before we ordered. I ordered their " special " prime rib med. rare. It was so tough I could only eat less than half. I brought this to the attention of my server. When she presented the check there was no consideration for the poor meal, but there was an added 18% gratuity. To me it was more than just a bad meal, I felt disrespected and ripped off.

• Visited December 2013