“Great service, bland food.”

Groton Townhouse Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 121 Restaurants in Groton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: I visited this establishment today, and...to be honest....I think people should be aware of what they're about to get into if they are planning on visiting it.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Title says it all. The staff was very friendly and checked on us several times, the order was correct, and the waitress was very polite (a rarity in New England).
The food was worse than McDonalds. At least it has SOME flavor. There was just a complete lack of seasoning in ANY of our food. Now, this may be some kind of attempt to serve "healthy" low salt food as most of the patrons were/are retirees. Just my opinion.
We have been there three times and were disappointed with the food each time.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Looks and feels like a chain style breakfast place, but offers better portions and the food was a bit better. They have a really varied menu and the service is really friendly and helpful. Despite the fact that there were about 6 million people there eating, and we had a party of 11, we still got seated in less than 5 minutes. I certainly would go there again and would recomend it.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We went here for breakfast after the hotel owner we stayed in suggested to us, very nice place, reminds of the old days as soon as you enter with a huge cash counter, bakery and plenty of waiting area. Food was great, very affordable and friendly staff.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We ended up at this place by default. The food and service were just ok. It was more expensive than I thought it would be or thought it should be for the type of place it is which is pretty much like a diner. Again, it wasn't bad but I wouldn't go out of my way to go again.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were out traveling - a group of 12. We called ahead and pleasantly surprised. Food was very fresh, service great.