“DISGUSTING”

Add it.
Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa
Ranked #1 of 2 Spas & Wellness in Groton
Reviewed April 10, 2009

Absolutely Gross. Unsanitary, Rude Staff, Over-Priced. They push products down your throat, my aesthetician was texting on her cell phone throughout my facial, they overcharged my credit-card, it was the worst spa experience I have EVER had. To top it off- I saw a dead cockroach in the changing-room. AVOID THIS DUMP!

2  Thank Brian D

Reviewed March 24, 2009

I was disappointed in the environment of the spa. There was not an area to sit and relax that was quiet and peaceful. The relaxation area is also the waiting area for people who are there for hair and make up. The spa also allows groups to have lunch in an adjoining area which is convenient, but disruptive for those seeking quiet.

The hot tub is shared with the hotel and there were too many young kids around for it to be relaxing. Since my husband and I went together there were not many areas for us to sit together and chill.

I got the 80 min massage and a mani/pedi. The massage was a bit over priced for the area, but was fantastic. My mani/pedi did not match my expectation of quality for the price. I also felt that the automatic 20% gratuity is a bit over the top. Tips are supposed to reflect the service. If it is automatically included then it should just be part of the price.

Reviewed December 6, 2008

I was glad to read other less-than-favorable reviews... I thought it was a fluke that I received bad treatments. My manicure and pedicure were rushed and sloppy. In fact, my manicure chipped before the day was over. My facial was shorter than the advertised time. This was due to the fact that THEY were running behind schedule (my treatment started late and ended on time, so I guess they caught up). I had a much better, more relaxing experience at The Spa at Norwich Inn. Much better atmosphere and a better bargain (my spa special there was massage, pedicure, exercise class, facilities use, lunch and afternoon tea for $225 out the door!!)

2  Thank lbern001
Reviewed November 9, 2008

the hot stone massage by Sheila K was fabulous,, would book another with her only...,,,, had a facial,by another gal, wasn't as good as expected and one time had a refelxology treatment and it was not worth the money....
the staff at the front desk and the idea of adding tip to bill is another story. I am a generous tip and double tip when told the tip was added already after I paid...the front desk girls are not as professional as they should be.. some are just rude and snotty. how come they need 5-6 girls standing behind the desk doing nothing.. are the prices so high cause we have to pay for them to stand around????

Reviewed October 15, 2008

I went to get an eyebrow and brazilian wax for my birthday. My eyebrows came out great! The technician spent probably about as much time on them as on my brazilian. Once she got down under, she definitely had the wax too hot (I've given myself brazilians and am not overly sensitive). After she was done, I remember feeling alittle awkward when I put my garments back on, but I just figured it was because I hadn't waxed in awhile. Well I went out with my friends afterwards, stopped in the ladies' room and found this huge piece of wax stuck in my perineum area, now mashed into my undergarments and jeans. I also realized that there were many very large patches of hair everywhere. I'd rather give myself a brazilian again before going back to her and not getting my money's worth.