“No complaints.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Smyrna, Delaware
“No complaints.”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stopped in to pick up lunch to carry out because I had a taste for clams. The place appeared to be very clean and I did not notice any foul odors. It was around 11:30 am so may have been why the place was empty. I ordered the clam strip dinner that came with fries and cole slaw. I did not have to wait long for my order. When I got home and opened the meal the healthy heap of clam strips were piled atop of fries with a fresh wedge of lemon. The clams and fries were golden brown and crispy. I devoured the clams and ate a good portion of the fries. The cole slaw was too purple in color for my taste so I tossed the small container before tasting. Overall, I had no complaints with my meal. Would certainly try it again.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank ladyinmaryland

Hartford, Connecticut
“Not bad! ”
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Stopped by here on a whim. Clam strips were fresh and crispy fried in clean oil! and fritters were good as well. Maybe the other reviewers went at the wrong time.

Dover, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,163 helpful votes
“HERSHEY'S ICE CREAM”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Driving on Route 12 about 7:30 PM, I spotted Hub's Clam Shack so I stopped to check the place out.

Inside, the counterwoman was very pleasant and took pride in working there. I found that they served Hershey's Ice Cream. I tried the butter pecan. It was very good.

During my visit I did not smell anything but fried food, and that was normal because it's a clam shack. The place was also clean.

Since it was after dinner hours, nobody stopped by for a dine-in or takeout meal.

Sunday, while visiting the Submarine Force Museum, Home of the Historic Ship Nautilus, I met a Groton couple who liked to stop there for bite to eat after a cruise on their motorcycle. And, they also liked the top restaurants in the area, except Abbott's (called it an overpriced tourist trap), so I wouldn’t question their taste in food. Hub's serves hamburgers and hot dogs, too, so that could be what they stopped there for.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Maurene_K
“Lobter bisque is a rip off.”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was told by a friend the lobster bisque was good, lots of meat. I finally went and a got $7 bowl, my mouth was watering by the time i got home. I was so disappointed, there were no chunks of meat at all, two little slivers of lobster. I called my friend to show her, she could not believe it. Yeah, l ate it, i was hungry. It had a good flavor. So l call hubs and told the girl my problem, she said sorry, my friend must have meant the volcano lobster bisque, that is not on the menu in the store or on take out menu. She could have offered a cup of bisque to try to make up for the bad bowl of bisque. I will never go there again, or recommend the place. Every time i go by there the place is dead. I dont wonder why. $7 for a bowl of broth is a rip off. I will stick with pizza palace, they are worth the price of their good food.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank rosemorgan
Connecticut
“Should have asked the locals...”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Even though I've lived in the area for over 13 years, I hadn't tried Hubs. I decided to grab some dinner to take home and thought I would give it a try. WHAT A MISTAKE! Seriously, the food was inedible... which may explain why the place literally didn't have another customer there. The fritters were lard lumps with very little clam essence even, the chowder was nearly black from all the rosemary and saltier than the ocean. An order of clam strips barely covered the bottom of a french fry tray. We literally threw it all in the trash. My husband told a co-worker the next day about our experience and was met with the reply "You went there? Everyone knows you only go to Hubs for the ice cream because the food is terrible." A day late and about $20 short we now know.

• Visited March 2013