“Best online ordering” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Takeout
“Best online ordering”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I always order online here. You just click there menu items you want and then check if you want to pick-up eat-in or have them bring it to you. No calling or no hassle with lines or parking. quick and easy. You can also pick the delivery time.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Never got my food!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

It took the girl more than 10 min to place my order over the phone. She didn't know how to put things in the computer and had to ask her manager how to do things. Then she still tried to order the wrong things for me. Before getting off the phone she told me that it would be about 40 min until it was delivered. After waiting an hour I called back and asked about it. I was told that a lot of orders had come in the same time I placed mine and that they were working on it. She couldn't give me a time frame as to how long it was going to take, but said it would be delivered soon. Not even 10 min later I get a phone call from them telling me that "he freaked" at my order and I would have to wait until closing to get it. But, they would give me a discount for next time. I told her I wanted a refund and that there would be NO next time and I would be sure to post reviews about this because I feel this is not good business practice. I had four children that were waiting for dinner and ended up having cold cereal for dinner since the Chinese food place could not deliver our food. There's no way we will EVER think about going back to this place!!! Plus, I am calling my bank this morning since my money was NEVER refunded!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Groton, Connecticut
“Three strikes, Rice Box is out”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

I've been a "take out" customer of Rice Box for a couple of years, but tonight will be my last dinner patronizing this restaurant. While I was originally impressed with the quality of the dishes (i.e. crisp, fresh vegetables) and the efficient service, I've noticed a noticeable decline in not only the quality of the food, but the care and attention to customers.

On my last visit a couple of months ago, I used their online ordering system and pre-paid online. When my son went to pick up the order, they told him the order had not been paid for. Thankfully I had printed out the confirmation showing the order had been paid- and he gave it to them and was able to quickly resolve the matter. On that particular visit, my usual curried chicken with vegetables was a disappointment because the vegetables were mushy (not crunchy), and the dish was barely lukewarm.

Tonight, everything seemed drenched in oil...especially the egg rolls. When I picked one up off my plate, there was a distinctive pool of grease identifying where it previously lay. Also- we were given a "combo" on one meal, when the combo wasn't ordered. While Rice Box offers a convenient location for my family, I"ll be looking elsewhere from now on.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank SeaUrchin65
Pleasant Hill, California
“Take out?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Talked to the counter person - nice young man - didn't know squat about curry.-pretended too
Nobody there - Didn't try it - walked out

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Ray F
“Am I in the right place?!?!??”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Excellent reviews on trip advisor led us to feed our hungry fam on our way home from vaca. We are very surprised about the excellent reviews.

The quality of food at Rice Box was disappointing. The chicken with mixed vegetables was mushy and tasted weird. The service was "just ok". The pork dumplings were huge and unappetizing. The skewers of chicken teriaki were also strangely flavored, dry and over sized. My kids didn't like the food and we didn't appreciate wasting our money. Oh well.

• Visited August 2013